Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can jobs cause PF?

Posted by Lori S on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011884)

Just wondering if anyone has ever been able to prove 'disability' from PF is caused by a job? I mean, people are constantly getting disability for back pain, leg pain, etc. Has anyone heard of getting disability from foot pain? I KNOW my pain didn't start until I had been teaching for a year or two. Wondering what you all think?
Lori in AZ

Re: Can jobs cause PF?

Scott R on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011892)

This is an important issue that comes up once in a while. If anyone finds an authoritative source that says certain jobs can cause it, please let me know.

Tkat on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011926)

Scott, I just separated from the military and one of the problems I incurred while on duty was PF, they gave me 70% disability for that. I have a hard time walking, but was not forced to leave. I cannot run though. It is in only one foot, I guess if I had it in both feet it probably would have qualified for 100% disability. As far as the civilian world goes I don't know, but that is what I have experienced. Prayers for both are feet..Tkat

dick b on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011929)

I know two people that have been approved by workers comp. they both are on there feet all day at there jobs. one is my wife and one is a co worker. they both have been treated for pf in both feet and comp has paid the bills so far including orthodics. workers comp states that you must tell your employer as soon as you find out an injury is work related. tell your doctor that your feet hurt more at the end of the week and feel better on mondays after resting on the weekends. insist that it is from working on your feet all day.

rekha s on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011932)

My pf got worse because of the constant walking I was doing at my job (walking graphics art between 3 buildings). I had to leave that job in April, and am on temp disability.

Scott R on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011892)

This is an important issue that comes up once in a while. If anyone finds an authoritative source that says certain jobs can cause it, please let me know.

Tkat on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011926)

Scott, I just separated from the military and one of the problems I incurred while on duty was PF, they gave me 70% disability for that. I have a hard time walking, but was not forced to leave. I cannot run though. It is in only one foot, I guess if I had it in both feet it probably would have qualified for 100% disability. As far as the civilian world goes I don't know, but that is what I have experienced. Prayers for both are feet..Tkat

dick b on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011929)

I know two people that have been approved by workers comp. they both are on there feet all day at there jobs. one is my wife and one is a co worker. they both have been treated for pf in both feet and comp has paid the bills so far including orthodics. workers comp states that you must tell your employer as soon as you find out an injury is work related. tell your doctor that your feet hurt more at the end of the week and feel better on mondays after resting on the weekends. insist that it is from working on your feet all day.

rekha s on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011932)

My pf got worse because of the constant walking I was doing at my job (walking graphics art between 3 buildings). I had to leave that job in April, and am on temp disability.