Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Days & Bad Days?

Posted by Lauren B. on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011888)

Has anyone out there had periods of days with no pain and then an on
set for whatever reason. Just diagnosed about 4 weeks ago -- been to
three doctors already. Bi-lateral faciitis is latest diagnosis.
Just went through 5 days of no discomfort at all??? then -- back again. Questioning the diagnosis based on other peoples experiences.

Re: Good Days & Bad Days?

john h on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011908)

as you read here there will be a lot of possibilities including tarsal tunnel syndrome, arthritis,stress fracture,blah blah. i would keep a journal to see if you can find what may aggrevate the situation. most of us have been to many orthopods and poditrist with just as many different diagnosis. start with ice and as much rest as you can give your feet for a while. make sure you have good properly fitted shoes (not to tight with good support). if i could go back in time when my pf first started i think i could be running marathons today instead of where i am.

Viola B. on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011919)

That's how mine started. I hurt a few days then nothing. Now it is almost every day. That is one of the reasons why it took me about 5 months before I when to see a doctor. I just think it was all part of getting older (I am 46). I discovered it is not. My advice to you is to start pampering you feet now. Get good shoes with arch supports and start stretching. That way you might be able to avoid the every day pain that will probably come in time if you do not do something NOW. Good luck!

Sandy K. on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011942)

Good advice above. I am a bit older than thou it seems, but I too did not heed the first onset of PF. Of course I did not know it as such at the time. Got tired of 'babying' it after a week or so and decided to work thru the pain, felt I needed to do some yard work that in retrospect did not 'need' doing, I just 'wanted'.

Then a pleasant barefoot walk on the beach topped it off. Now the road back is going to be much longer!!! And I can not even walk barefoot to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Heed the advice of those above please.

Lee H on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011961)

I believe that is what kept me from going to the doctor for 8 months also. When you have no pain for a few days you believe you might be getting better. I have had PF for over a year now and still (not very often) I have a good day with little pain. There is no explaining PF.

john h on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011908)

as you read here there will be a lot of possibilities including tarsal tunnel syndrome, arthritis,stress fracture,blah blah. i would keep a journal to see if you can find what may aggrevate the situation. most of us have been to many orthopods and poditrist with just as many different diagnosis. start with ice and as much rest as you can give your feet for a while. make sure you have good properly fitted shoes (not to tight with good support). if i could go back in time when my pf first started i think i could be running marathons today instead of where i am.

Viola B. on 10/21/99 at 00:00 (011919)

That's how mine started. I hurt a few days then nothing. Now it is almost every day. That is one of the reasons why it took me about 5 months before I when to see a doctor. I just think it was all part of getting older (I am 46). I discovered it is not. My advice to you is to start pampering you feet now. Get good shoes with arch supports and start stretching. That way you might be able to avoid the every day pain that will probably come in time if you do not do something NOW. Good luck!

Sandy K. on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011942)

Good advice above. I am a bit older than thou it seems, but I too did not heed the first onset of PF. Of course I did not know it as such at the time. Got tired of 'babying' it after a week or so and decided to work thru the pain, felt I needed to do some yard work that in retrospect did not 'need' doing, I just 'wanted'.

Then a pleasant barefoot walk on the beach topped it off. Now the road back is going to be much longer!!! And I can not even walk barefoot to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Heed the advice of those above please.

Lee H on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011961)

I believe that is what kept me from going to the doctor for 8 months also. When you have no pain for a few days you believe you might be getting better. I have had PF for over a year now and still (not very often) I have a good day with little pain. There is no explaining PF.