Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: yes, I am

Posted by Robin B. on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011949)

Lots of people recover. There IS hope for recovery. People who USED TO BE on this board have recovered (and so they are no longer on the board). Some of the steadfast ones have actually posted to say good-bye when they know they won't be tuning in again.

However, there seems to be a contingent for whom recovery is more difficult -- and they (i.e., we) are probably the people still on this board.

But I myself am recovering too -- not enough to resume my former life, but without a doubt, an improvement over last year at this time. I am thrilled to pieces with every day that I have only mild pain (or sometimes no pain) in my feet).

I have posted my own regiment many times on this board -- what I am doing may not work for many people but it works for me. I strongly prefer non-invasive, non-drug therapy, so if it helps anyone, here it is again.

1. Birkenstocks -- non-stop.
2. Bromelain, 500 mg., 600 gdu, 3 times a day, sometimes 4.
3. Glucosamine, 500 mg. twice a day.
4. Only a little bit of stretching my calves once a day.
5. Stationary bike, 2 segments of 15 - 18 minutes per day.
6. Moderate low carb diet: chicken, fish, vegetables. I do eat fruits, though. I have eliminated all breads, pastas, rices, flour and wheat products and that seems to make a difference. I eat dairy, but I do not drink citrus juices. Yes, I gave gained weight as a result of PF and I am trying to lose it-- but I do not believe losing weight will cure the PF. I got PF when I was actually at a proper body weight. I work at losing it for my health but I am not killing myself over it.

Here is the result. Fall and winter 1998, I hobbled even around my house. Never took an extra step I didn't have to.

Today, I can get around for daily living routine and chores pretty easily. Am not in constant 24/7 pain. I have even been able to walk a tiny bit -- half a milehere, three quarters of a mile there. It's wonderful. It's totally inadequate compared to the 4-5 miles per day I used to walk -- but it's wonderful. And I'm praying it gets better.

My advice? Try whatever you think will work and if it doesn't, try something else. Again and again.

Cindy S. on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011954)

Which Birkenstocks do you wear. Do you were insert too?

Cindy S. on 10/22/99 at 00:00 (011954)

Which Birkenstocks do you wear. Do you were insert too?