Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Rupture?

Posted by Dan W on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011976)

What happens when the fasciia ruptures? I think this might have happened to me after my second injection. Does anyone know?

Re: Rupture?

HanneJ on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011981)

It happened to me after cortisone shot. My foot felt extreamly stiff and when it happened it felt like a bang and my foot swell a lot and I got an awful pain. Weren't able to walk, even stand on my foot for 6 weeks and then I had surgery and 6 more weeks off work!!! Surgery didn't help.
I think the shot may damaged the fascia, but I don't know.

john h on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011986)

one of the orthopedic surgeons i visited had her fascia completely tear away from the heel some years ago. i see her at the health club and she seems to do well. early this year i read where one of the NFL football players had his fascia totally tear away from the heel. they said he would be out for 6-7 weeks. from what i have read one needs to worry about how the foot will adapt over time to the loss of support meaning wearing supportative orthosis is probably a must.

HanneJ on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011981)

It happened to me after cortisone shot. My foot felt extreamly stiff and when it happened it felt like a bang and my foot swell a lot and I got an awful pain. Weren't able to walk, even stand on my foot for 6 weeks and then I had surgery and 6 more weeks off work!!! Surgery didn't help.
I think the shot may damaged the fascia, but I don't know.

john h on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011986)

one of the orthopedic surgeons i visited had her fascia completely tear away from the heel some years ago. i see her at the health club and she seems to do well. early this year i read where one of the NFL football players had his fascia totally tear away from the heel. they said he would be out for 6-7 weeks. from what i have read one needs to worry about how the foot will adapt over time to the loss of support meaning wearing supportative orthosis is probably a must.