Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Supports that Help!

Posted by Becky R. on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011977)

Hello everyone,

I am a new sufferer of pf, have tried injections, taping but not othotics. That is what my doctors have recommended. I am not going for injections again - hurts, short lived and from my own research - can cause permanent damage. NEVER AGAIN. What I have found that works for me are SPENCO Heel Supports. They advertise for 'relief of heel pain, eliminate pronation or supination, arch support, etc.'. I was having severe pain and I'm a nurse up on my feet constantly. I bought these 3 days ago, and worked today for the first time using them. I have noticed a significant difference. My feet feel like they can heal with these. I also am wearing Aasics with DuoMax shoe. The insert doesn't really fit well in regular loafer type shoes, but just fine in my Aasics. The Spenco's were about $20. Anyone else tried these?

Becky R. in Ohio

Re: Heel Supports that Help!

caryne on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011983)

I tried them and they did absolutely nothing for my pf. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones.

Re: Heel Supports that Help!

caryne on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011983)

I tried them and they did absolutely nothing for my pf. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones.