Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur pain gone

Posted by Lee M. on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011979)

I've been off the board for awhile. Lack of time mostly and a little feeling of being obsessed with my foot pain although it's almost impossible not to be obsessed with 24 hour pain in your foot.
I've been getting Phys therapy 3x a week for 2 months now. Just had my last visit. My phys therapist has his own theory about circulation and pf. My heel spur pain is completely gone. My treatment started with hot whirlpool and ice soak. Then ultrasound, then about 30 minutes of INTENSE, sometimes painful massage. Everytime I had the treatment my foot would feel really good so I started doing my own massage. First I put my foot on a heating pad for about 10 minutes then I have a device called The Thumper and I use it on my foot for about 5-10 minutes. Not just on my heel, but from the top of my arch to the bottom and sides of my heel. I am a hairstylist and work wed and thurs 9-10 hours each day. This has been the first time in a year I have had NO PAIN at all in my foot. I'm kind of in shock. I've had the constant pain for so long I got used to just living with it. I know its a short time that I've been better (about1 1/2 weeks with no pain) but I thought I would post anyway. When my phys therapy started and he touched the center of my heel I almost came off the table. On my last visit he pushed and rubbed the center as hard as he could and no pain at all. We were both surprised. So try heat and massage and see if it doesn't help. I'm completely off any meds and creams. I still stretch, but only in the morning, and I still wear my orthodics made by my podiatrist, trying to be careful not to get pain back.

Re: heel spur pain gone

Lori S on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011987)

Hi Lee! I'm so happy your pain is gone! Please keep up what you are doing! I think that sometimes, when the pain goes away, we think we can stop what we are doing and it won't come back. Keep it up and let us all know how things are going!
Lori in AZ

Bobette on 10/26/99 at 00:00 (012052)

Hi Lee,
I am so happy to hear your pain is gone! Not only is it wonderful news, but it is so encourgaging to know that it can go away. Thank you also for sharing your regiment to follow. You know how it goes, I will try almost anything. I don't post many messages, but I do read the pages often, looking for any new or helpful information. I had noticed that I hadn't seen any post from you lately and was hoping it was for a good reason. I would like to thank you for all the information you have shared over the months since my diagnosis. I have tried many of your suggestions and I am happy to say I am better...not cured, but I can live with better. Also, you can never know how important your words of encouragement were to me this summer. I was feeling the absoulute worst I had since diagnosis in May...both mentally and physically. You offered words of encourgement to go ahead and get a wheelchair and go to my sons' college orientation, which I did. I am so greatful for that....without your encouragement, as important to me as it was and as much as I wanted to go, I don't think I would have. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I would love to find a physician and/or physical therapist in my own area that someone has used success with. I live just north of Dayton, Ohio, if you or anyone else out there could refer me, I would be very appreciative. So far, I haven't had any good results with the physicians I have tried. If it were not for this website and all the wonderful information shared by you and others like you, I hate to even think of how I would be feeling. My best wishes to you for a continued life without pain, I am looking forward to the time I can say the same. Please continue to take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

rekha s on 10/29/99 at 00:00 (012112)

so glad to hear that pf pain can indeed go away!!! I hear my podiatrist say that I have to be patient, it can take more than a year for this to go away! but when I read the posts on this board of people having had this for 5-10 years, I feel discouraged.

so I am glad physical therapy has worked with you. My podiatrist finally had sent a referral for me to go to physical therapy. I am hoping that I will beat this thing once and for all!!!
thanks for the hope!!!

Lori S on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011987)

Hi Lee! I'm so happy your pain is gone! Please keep up what you are doing! I think that sometimes, when the pain goes away, we think we can stop what we are doing and it won't come back. Keep it up and let us all know how things are going!
Lori in AZ

Bobette on 10/26/99 at 00:00 (012052)

Hi Lee,
I am so happy to hear your pain is gone! Not only is it wonderful news, but it is so encourgaging to know that it can go away. Thank you also for sharing your regiment to follow. You know how it goes, I will try almost anything. I don't post many messages, but I do read the pages often, looking for any new or helpful information. I had noticed that I hadn't seen any post from you lately and was hoping it was for a good reason. I would like to thank you for all the information you have shared over the months since my diagnosis. I have tried many of your suggestions and I am happy to say I am better...not cured, but I can live with better. Also, you can never know how important your words of encouragement were to me this summer. I was feeling the absoulute worst I had since diagnosis in May...both mentally and physically. You offered words of encourgement to go ahead and get a wheelchair and go to my sons' college orientation, which I did. I am so greatful for that....without your encouragement, as important to me as it was and as much as I wanted to go, I don't think I would have. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I would love to find a physician and/or physical therapist in my own area that someone has used success with. I live just north of Dayton, Ohio, if you or anyone else out there could refer me, I would be very appreciative. So far, I haven't had any good results with the physicians I have tried. If it were not for this website and all the wonderful information shared by you and others like you, I hate to even think of how I would be feeling. My best wishes to you for a continued life without pain, I am looking forward to the time I can say the same. Please continue to take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

rekha s on 10/29/99 at 00:00 (012112)

so glad to hear that pf pain can indeed go away!!! I hear my podiatrist say that I have to be patient, it can take more than a year for this to go away! but when I read the posts on this board of people having had this for 5-10 years, I feel discouraged.

so I am glad physical therapy has worked with you. My podiatrist finally had sent a referral for me to go to physical therapy. I am hoping that I will beat this thing once and for all!!!
thanks for the hope!!!