Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HealthTronics/Ossatron

Posted by john h on 10/23/99 at 00:00 (011999)

On the 19th of October HealthTronics went public with their stock on the NASDQ under the symbol HTRO. One million shares were offered and presold at $6 per share. It is thinly traded with not much selling going on and is (i think) sold by only one seller. I think the market price of this stock will give us a good idea even before we read about the results of the OssaTron test currently going on. My guess is if the Ossatron studies are positive and the FDA approves the use of the machine then they will be widely sold to Orthopedic Surgeons throughout the states. The cost effectivness of the Ossatron over conventional surgery would bring in Medicare and Medicaid rather quick. From what I have read the Ossatron is for use by Orthopedic Surgeons. This would sure put the hurt on Poditrist if they did not qualify to use the equipment. If you look in the paper some morning and HealthTronics has doubled in price you can guess the Ossatron studies for PF have gone well. There are millions of cases of PF diagnosed each year in the US so these machines would probably surface in every major hospital much like a Lipotriptor (destroys kidney stones with shock waves). From what financial information I have read, HealthTronics is a profitable though small company even without the OssaTron. I am not a stock broker,stock expert,employee of HealthTronics nor do i suggest you buy or not buy HTRO. I am simply putting this out there as I think the price of the stock will be the precurrsor of the success of the OssaTron studies for PF. My Right Foot is in need of a CURE!!!!!

Re: HealthTronics/Ossatron

Scott R on 10/24/99 at 00:00 (012006)

Preliminary results have been available for a while at http://heelspurs.com/ossatronstudy.html . Don't forget there are at least two other machines undergoing FDA studies. My only problem with the studies is they are being touted as 'double-blind'. Both the patient and the doctor or technician present during the treatment can tell if it's painful or not.

Jonathan on 10/25/99 at 00:00 (012033)

HTRO is up 4 points in less than a week with a very limited number of shares being traded. The core value of HTRO is the OssaTron. The Institute of Sports Medicine in Toronto has treated over 100 patients - mostly PF. The physicians were initially very skeptical, but have come to believe in the technology. Based on the small sample size in Toronto, and the initial FDA results, the techology works plain and simple.

John Mc on 10/28/99 at 00:00 (012089)

I can't find the stock quote HRTO listed on NASDAQ? What's up?

John

JohnW on 10/28/99 at 00:00 (012091)

the symbol is HTRO on the OTC. We have filed for Nasdaq listing and hope to be accepted soon. They have assigned us HTRN as our NASDAQ symbol when we are accepted.

Scott R on 10/24/99 at 00:00 (012006)

Preliminary results have been available for a while at http://heelspurs.com/ossatronstudy.html . Don't forget there are at least two other machines undergoing FDA studies. My only problem with the studies is they are being touted as 'double-blind'. Both the patient and the doctor or technician present during the treatment can tell if it's painful or not.

Jonathan on 10/25/99 at 00:00 (012033)

HTRO is up 4 points in less than a week with a very limited number of shares being traded. The core value of HTRO is the OssaTron. The Institute of Sports Medicine in Toronto has treated over 100 patients - mostly PF. The physicians were initially very skeptical, but have come to believe in the technology. Based on the small sample size in Toronto, and the initial FDA results, the techology works plain and simple.

John Mc on 10/28/99 at 00:00 (012089)

I can't find the stock quote HRTO listed on NASDAQ? What's up?

John

JohnW on 10/28/99 at 00:00 (012091)

the symbol is HTRO on the OTC. We have filed for Nasdaq listing and hope to be accepted soon. They have assigned us HTRN as our NASDAQ symbol when we are accepted.