Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm not alone!

Posted by Marianne G on 10/25/99 at 00:00 (012036)

I just found this website and I'm excited to find so many others with the same PF problems. It's hard to suffer alone! I'm only 45 yrs old but walk worse than my 72 yr old mother-in-law that has had both knees replaced. I've gone thru cortisone shots and am getting fitted for orthoics next week. I went thru a week of having my feet taped to see if orthoics was the way to go, and my feet did feel better while taped. Driving is the worst...which is where I spend most of my work day. It is true...my feet are always on my mind and I have begun limiting what I do and where I go because of these two things at the bottom of my aching legs. Thanks again for all the comments!

Re: I'm not alone!

John B on 10/26/99 at 00:00 (012046)

You say you spend most of your day in your car. Do you have to get in and out of your car a lot? I have an early morning paper route and get in and out of my car about 100 times each morning and I think this is how I got PF. It is only in my left foot, which is the foot you put all your weight on as you get out of the car.

Marianne G on 10/27/99 at 00:00 (012083)

My problem is I drive in city traffic with my poor right heel feeling all the gas pedal pressure. I've tried heel cups, but they don't help much. When I sit in my car for an hour and then get out and walk around, man oh man...it hurts. The inactivity is a killer!

John B on 10/26/99 at 00:00 (012046)

You say you spend most of your day in your car. Do you have to get in and out of your car a lot? I have an early morning paper route and get in and out of my car about 100 times each morning and I think this is how I got PF. It is only in my left foot, which is the foot you put all your weight on as you get out of the car.

Marianne G on 10/27/99 at 00:00 (012083)

My problem is I drive in city traffic with my poor right heel feeling all the gas pedal pressure. I've tried heel cups, but they don't help much. When I sit in my car for an hour and then get out and walk around, man oh man...it hurts. The inactivity is a killer!