Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wendy N. - please read

Posted by Darlene W. on 10/25/99 at 00:00 (012040)

Wendy, would you go to the notes posted 10/21 and read mine (Bone Scan Results). It is about the results of my bone scan. I think I need to go to a new doctor because I am not sure what he is saying. He said my results were consistent with a heel spur. Since you have had a bone scan, I would love to hear what you think. Thanks, Darlene

Re: Wendy N. - please read

wendyn on 10/25/99 at 00:00 (012041)

Who knows? Your results sound like about as much gibberish as mine. I should point out, that although they found the bone remodelling and evidence of plantar faciitis, and hyperemia (which basically is just blood pooling) and evidence of stress injuries - I was told that the results of the scan were....'normal'. (Hee hee, wonder what normal people's feet look like on the inside then.) In other words - they did not find anything that seemed to be causing the type of pain I was experiencing - although it appears my feet have been through a lot.

Most of the bone remodelling and evidence of PF was on my left foot - I primarily have problems with my right. I was diagnosed with TTS - which of course will not show up on the bone scan. (Although I have had problems with PF in the past, I remember what it was like enough to know that it isn't the type of pain I'm having now.

I guess the bottom line is, that bone scans can be helpful - but they won't necessarily mean you'll get a diagnosis. Make your doctor go over the results with you line by line. If he/she won't, take your results and review them with another doctor. Good luck!

Re: Wendy N. - please read

wendyn on 10/25/99 at 00:00 (012041)

Who knows? Your results sound like about as much gibberish as mine. I should point out, that although they found the bone remodelling and evidence of plantar faciitis, and hyperemia (which basically is just blood pooling) and evidence of stress injuries - I was told that the results of the scan were....'normal'. (Hee hee, wonder what normal people's feet look like on the inside then.) In other words - they did not find anything that seemed to be causing the type of pain I was experiencing - although it appears my feet have been through a lot.

Most of the bone remodelling and evidence of PF was on my left foot - I primarily have problems with my right. I was diagnosed with TTS - which of course will not show up on the bone scan. (Although I have had problems with PF in the past, I remember what it was like enough to know that it isn't the type of pain I'm having now.

I guess the bottom line is, that bone scans can be helpful - but they won't necessarily mean you'll get a diagnosis. Make your doctor go over the results with you line by line. If he/she won't, take your results and review them with another doctor. Good luck!