Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF pain seems worse in damp/cold weather

Posted by rekha s on 10/29/99 at 00:00 (012111)

Today, here in the San Francisco bay area, it rained overnight, and my whole body ached, especially my heels.!!! Pain was worse in my left heel, but today my right heel is hurting pretty bad also. (even thought I used a night splint)

With the weather getting colder, its gonna get harder to ice the feet, but what about HEAT? like hot bath, or heating pad? I have read one account in a pamphlet that Kaiser hospital gave me on PF, it stated NOT to use heat? is that true?
Are there any pf sufferers out there that find relief with heat?

Re: PF pain seems worse in damp/cold weather

Linda K. on 10/29/99 at 00:00 (012130)

I am a member of Kaiser in San Rafael and a several weeks ago I began using the Dynasplint. Previously, I had tried the 'black boot' but could not tolerate it. Wearing the Dynasplint 8-10 hours every night is slowly but surely improving the pain in my right heel. I have had PF in both feet for over three years and had a major flare up last February in my right heel only. I had three cortisone shots which reduced the pain by about 50%. In my limited experience, I would highly recommend the Dynasplint if you are not already using it. The product rep is very helpful and knolwdgeable.I also wear custom made orthotics, without which I could not walk at all, from a private podiatrist in San Rafael. My pain is unrelated to the weather. Good luck to you.

Linda K.

Re: PF pain seems worse in damp/cold weather

Linda K. on 10/29/99 at 00:00 (012130)

I am a member of Kaiser in San Rafael and a several weeks ago I began using the Dynasplint. Previously, I had tried the 'black boot' but could not tolerate it. Wearing the Dynasplint 8-10 hours every night is slowly but surely improving the pain in my right heel. I have had PF in both feet for over three years and had a major flare up last February in my right heel only. I had three cortisone shots which reduced the pain by about 50%. In my limited experience, I would highly recommend the Dynasplint if you are not already using it. The product rep is very helpful and knolwdgeable.I also wear custom made orthotics, without which I could not walk at all, from a private podiatrist in San Rafael. My pain is unrelated to the weather. Good luck to you.

Linda K.