Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: squash (or golf)

Posted by Bill P on 10/29/99 at 00:00 (012124)

David

Not squash but golf lessons. In the summer of 1998 I decided to take lessons so that I could develop a consistent game of golf. I worked real hard at practicing the motion advocated by the instructor but within 3 weeks was unable to get on a golf course because I couldn't walk even 9 holes due to pain in both feet.
I went to a podiatrist and he diagnosed my problem as PF. He outfitted me with custom orthodics. That helped in a major way but I still was limited in the amount of walking I could do on weekends (during the week I mostly sit behind a computer display).
The breakthrough came this spring when I found this Web site and read Scott's article. I started stretching my calves and have experienced tremendous improvement. I'm even back to mild running (2 miles, 3 days a week). However, I still wear my custom orthodics ALL the time and plan to do so for the rest of my life.
As we approach our annual Thanksgiving day, I thank God for Scott and his efforts to provide this site with all the valuable information for PF afflicted persons.