Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Making progress on diagnosis, due to this board-- maybe tts AND pf?

Posted by Alan K. on 10/30/99 at 00:00 (012162)

Thanks for all the help so far. See previous recent posting of Alan K. for update if you are reading this to compare your symptoms.

trying to test for tarsal tunnel syndrome,
I have tapped and tapped, fairly hard, and finally got a tingle in my toe. Also, the area that elicits this response is a little tender afterward, but I am tapping fairly hard.

Flu may have indeed aggravated a pre-existing condition. I also have been having trouble with my hands after typing alot. I got a strange, severe case of soreness at the base of my thumb from writing by hand in great volume after not writing very much by hand previously. It subsided byut flares up now and again. I wonder if there is some relationship between my feet and my hands in this case. In my hands it seems to be some knid of tendonitis maybe. In my feet, I still think because I have trouble in the morning and a sensation of tightness running along the bottom of my feet, that I might have PF AND TTS at the same time.
However, as for TTS, I do not get burning or tingling at night, but I do accumulate pain over the course of the day, especially standing.

This doesn't sound good to me. I thought with PF, at least, I might one day practice yoga again. I hear TTS is more pernicious, and yoga might be the cause of it.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows what works for TTS specifically. Is there anything I can do to get a cure? I already do PF stuff like icing and calf stretches. Are there special treatments for TTS?

Re: Making progress on diagnosis, due to this board-- maybe tts AND pf?

john h on 10/30/99 at 00:00 (012163)

TTS is treated much the same way as PF. Use ice and anti-inflamator drugs.

Re: Making progress on diagnosis, due to this board-- maybe tts AND pf?

john h on 10/30/99 at 00:00 (012163)

TTS is treated much the same way as PF. Use ice and anti-inflamator drugs.