Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

podiatrists don't give a damn!!! (mine at least)

Posted by rekha s on 10/30/99 at 00:00 (012173)

I totally agree with Dan, On friday I went to my Podiatrist and after 3 cortizone injections, he suggested I get another one...I told him of this site, and I have heard that more than 3 injections is harmful...he kept on insisting, until I told him: 'absolutely not'.....after a year of seeing him my only other options are: cast, custom orthotics and ultimately surgery..

I am also off work due to this painful condition, and he insists I get back to work, knowing full well that I am in constant pain while walking..... I don't think anybody understands the severity of this problem..NOT EVEN THESE PODIATRISTS!!!!!

Re: podiatrists don't give a damn!!! (mine at least)

YokoS on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012190)

Rekha, your post reminded me my last visit of podiatrist.
He also insisted to have 4th shot, and I also mentioned about this site (posts of injections), moreover He knows 2nd one and 3rd one didn't work, but he still forced me to take 4th one. He said cortizone shot is a treatment!! not just giving a temporary relief!!
Guess what, I just walked out................
He did not give me any idea of stretching, icing, etc.
Does he have proper education? I still wonder.

Re: podiatrists don't give a damn!!! (mine at least)

YokoS on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012190)

Rekha, your post reminded me my last visit of podiatrist.
He also insisted to have 4th shot, and I also mentioned about this site (posts of injections), moreover He knows 2nd one and 3rd one didn't work, but he still forced me to take 4th one. He said cortizone shot is a treatment!! not just giving a temporary relief!!
Guess what, I just walked out................
He did not give me any idea of stretching, icing, etc.
Does he have proper education? I still wonder.