Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Message to Dan

Posted by Becky R. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012179)

Dan,
I know where you are coming from. I told my boss last week that I was going to be off four weeks, she said well you might as well resign, so the absences won't count against you. So who knows when I get ready to go back if there will be a position. I really don't care. If I can help it, I will never go back to work in a hospital on my feet for hours without a break. I have many talents besides being a nurse. Surely, something else is out there. So Dan, are you working now, your workers comp go through? If so, was that hard to get? good luck to you, Becky in Cincinnati

Dan W on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012191)

Dear Becky, Im still in the process of getting my benefits, after a year of being on temporary benefits that I paid into over my lifetime of working. The problem is that they runout and the workers comp. is of course dragging it out as long as they can. Ive been to numerous compensation doctors, none of which will help you, they are just there to diagnose the extent of the damage. This is all complicated, and getting social security is just as difficult. Basically no one gives a damn, and act as if youre trying to deceive them, so everything has to be proven twice. The path is narrow, which doesnt help those of us who cant walk without the chronic pain.

Dan W on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012191)

Dear Becky, Im still in the process of getting my benefits, after a year of being on temporary benefits that I paid into over my lifetime of working. The problem is that they runout and the workers comp. is of course dragging it out as long as they can. Ive been to numerous compensation doctors, none of which will help you, they are just there to diagnose the extent of the damage. This is all complicated, and getting social security is just as difficult. Basically no one gives a damn, and act as if youre trying to deceive them, so everything has to be proven twice. The path is narrow, which doesnt help those of us who cant walk without the chronic pain.