Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For all Birkenstock fans

Posted by YokoS on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012181)

I am about 2 month birks user. Do you think Birkenstock sandals (no back strap one) are good for long (about1-1.5mile) walk? I have ARIZONA and BOSTON. As far as I wear those at home/office routine is FINE. But yesterday I ended up long walk w/ARIZONA, and as a result severe heel pain at night. My foot are moving/slipping too much in order to grab sandals.
Walking shoes(ECCO SOFT) w/custom made ortho are protecting my foot,
my foot are not moving around inside of shoes, and never experienced this kind of discomfort. Anyway, I find out ortho and birks are totally different.

Re: For all Birkenstock fans

john h on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012189)

yoko- glue those puppies to your feet and they want slip (super glue)

mizzi on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012213)

Same thing happened to me. Arizona's made me pain free until I walked about 3/4 mile in them and had a setback of about 2 weeks. Now I use Arizonas around the house and New Balance with Spencos for walks and am 95% painfree...sometimes even forget I have pf.

john h on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012189)

yoko- glue those puppies to your feet and they want slip (super glue)

mizzi on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012213)

Same thing happened to me. Arizona's made me pain free until I walked about 3/4 mile in them and had a setback of about 2 weeks. Now I use Arizonas around the house and New Balance with Spencos for walks and am 95% painfree...sometimes even forget I have pf.