Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Blue Bootie got rid of my PF

Posted by Jack W. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012187)

I suffered increasing pain finally to the point I could not get out of bed in the morning. I went to podiatrist #1 who diagnosed pf and gave me anti inflams and some stretching excercises to do. I got marginally better for a month or so then got much worse. My work day was agony, I didn't want to get out of my chair and when I did I hobbled like some one 85 instead of 45. I phoned podiatrist #2 and made an appointment. He took x-rays and did a much more indepth exam. Showed me where the bone spur was and my options. Gave me a prescription for a Johnson & Johnson blue boot to wear every night for six weeks then every other night and after 3 months only if needed. No pills. It has been over 4 months since I have worn the boot at all. I have NO pain, none nada etc. The boot is up in the closet.

Re: Blue Bootie got rid of my PF

Viola B. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012199)

How/where do you get this Johnson & Johnson 'blue boot'?

janet on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012202)

Is the blue bootie a night splint?

Jane N on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012227)

I use (used) the same 'Blue Bootie' night splint you describe and found it very helpful also! I got it from my Pod. I now only wear it after a hard day on my feet. Mine isn't in the closet yet but it is stuck under my bed. Lets hear it for the 'Blue Bootie'!! Yea!!!

Debbie L. on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012258)

I was also given the blue bootie by my podiatrist. My insurance covered most of it. If it helped it was only very minimal. I have worn it every night since it was given to me. My foot was not getting any better. I went for a 2nd opinion. The new doctor gave me a Dynasplint. It is very expensive. I rent it. My insurance pays for most. It is a night splint that you can gradually increase the stretch of your foot. I have had it almost 2 weeks and my foot is better after using it than any other thing I have tried. (which is about everything)!!

Jack W on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012711)

Did you try the splint insert to get maximum stretch before you got the more expensive splint? Anyway I'm glad you finally found something that worked.

Viola B. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012199)

How/where do you get this Johnson & Johnson 'blue boot'?

janet on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012202)

Is the blue bootie a night splint?

Jane N on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012227)

I use (used) the same 'Blue Bootie' night splint you describe and found it very helpful also! I got it from my Pod. I now only wear it after a hard day on my feet. Mine isn't in the closet yet but it is stuck under my bed. Lets hear it for the 'Blue Bootie'!! Yea!!!

Debbie L. on 11/02/99 at 00:00 (012258)

I was also given the blue bootie by my podiatrist. My insurance covered most of it. If it helped it was only very minimal. I have worn it every night since it was given to me. My foot was not getting any better. I went for a 2nd opinion. The new doctor gave me a Dynasplint. It is very expensive. I rent it. My insurance pays for most. It is a night splint that you can gradually increase the stretch of your foot. I have had it almost 2 weeks and my foot is better after using it than any other thing I have tried. (which is about everything)!!

Jack W on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012711)

Did you try the splint insert to get maximum stretch before you got the more expensive splint? Anyway I'm glad you finally found something that worked.