Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A New Cure and Massage Device

Posted by Scott R on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012196)

The 'new cure' applies to those who have the most pain in the morning. It is mentioned in the main document, but I wan't to emphasize it here again because I'm seeing some 'cures' with this simple technique. The technique is to warm the bottom of the foot with a heating pad and message it for 2 minutes every morning before getting out of bed in order to prevent the pain that occurs every morning. If you don't, and you have pain every morning with the first few steps, then you're just re-injuring it every day. If you try this and it works, let me know.

The new massaging device is at
http://www.thatfootthing.com
Tell them heelspurs.com sent you.

Re: A New Cure and Massage Device

Viola B. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012198)

I have used the technique of warming the bottoms of
my feet with a heating pad and then messaging them for about 2 minutes every morning before getting out of bed. This helps tremedously. I have just ordered 'That Foot Thing' device to see if it will help even more. I will continue to post to this board and let you know if it is better than messaging with a tennis ball.

I have only been using the above technique for about three or four weeks. It has not 'cured' my problem yet because I have to continue to do it every day. Hopefully with time and the new device I can find a 'cure.'

rekha s on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012206)

hi Scott. I am going to order this device. I have terrible pain in the morning. Just this last week I got a night splint and that is helping a little with the first initial steps, but then the pain returns after 5-10 minutes, maybe this device will help me even more!!!

thanks Scott, your a lifesaver!

Scott R on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012209)

I wanted to point out that I'm not necessarily endorsing the new massaging device because I have not yet received one in the mail and been able to look at it. Giving a product a link and not saying anything about it does not necessarily mean I like it. Sometimes, I give it a link only because I think people need to be aware of it or I am not sure. I don't say anything bad about products anymore because I'm afraid of legal trouble with the manufacturers. That's why feathersprings are not listed anymore - hint, hint :)

On another note, I was just reviewing the weekly stats for the site. The message with the most hits was Sandra Z's message titled: 'Gooddbye! What cured me (long)' People were interested in the title. It had 188 visits. Other pages typically get 70 visits. These numbers do not count all of us who use the 'view messages since your last visit' link.

john a on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012230)

Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but this thing seems little more than two water bottles joined together at the caps.
I'd say use actual water bottles and save your money for something better.

Marti C on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012435)

How long is it before you see notable results? Thanks Scott and everyone.

Scott R on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012446)

Massaging and heating the foot before getting out of bed in the morning should help right away if you have pain mainly in the morning. It probably will not be as beneficial if you do not have more pain in the morning.

Viola B. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012198)

I have used the technique of warming the bottoms of
my feet with a heating pad and then messaging them for about 2 minutes every morning before getting out of bed. This helps tremedously. I have just ordered 'That Foot Thing' device to see if it will help even more. I will continue to post to this board and let you know if it is better than messaging with a tennis ball.

I have only been using the above technique for about three or four weeks. It has not 'cured' my problem yet because I have to continue to do it every day. Hopefully with time and the new device I can find a 'cure.'

rekha s on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012206)

hi Scott. I am going to order this device. I have terrible pain in the morning. Just this last week I got a night splint and that is helping a little with the first initial steps, but then the pain returns after 5-10 minutes, maybe this device will help me even more!!!

thanks Scott, your a lifesaver!

Scott R on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012209)

I wanted to point out that I'm not necessarily endorsing the new massaging device because I have not yet received one in the mail and been able to look at it. Giving a product a link and not saying anything about it does not necessarily mean I like it. Sometimes, I give it a link only because I think people need to be aware of it or I am not sure. I don't say anything bad about products anymore because I'm afraid of legal trouble with the manufacturers. That's why feathersprings are not listed anymore - hint, hint :)

On another note, I was just reviewing the weekly stats for the site. The message with the most hits was Sandra Z's message titled: 'Gooddbye! What cured me (long)' People were interested in the title. It had 188 visits. Other pages typically get 70 visits. These numbers do not count all of us who use the 'view messages since your last visit' link.

john a on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012230)

Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but this thing seems little more than two water bottles joined together at the caps.
I'd say use actual water bottles and save your money for something better.

Marti C on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012435)

How long is it before you see notable results? Thanks Scott and everyone.

Scott R on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012446)

Massaging and heating the foot before getting out of bed in the morning should help right away if you have pain mainly in the morning. It probably will not be as beneficial if you do not have more pain in the morning.