Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How to do the foot massage?

Posted by Sue B. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012203)

How do you do the foot massage? Do you use your hands or do you roll on a tennis ball or golf ball or will either do as the massage?

Re: How to do the foot massage? USE THUMB

Scott R on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012207)

Using your thumb works real well. In addition to up and down the length of the foot, go from side-to-side. Think about the purpose of the massage (to get the blood to moving so that the tissue is more flexible) while doing it. It feels good, too. You can and should do the tender area if it doesn't hurt too much.

Re: How to do the foot massage?

Viola B. on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012243)

I have used both my thumbs and a tennis ball. The only problem with using your thumbs is that your hands/thumbs get tired. However, when using your thumbs, I discovered that is helps if you put lotion (I use regular hand lotion) on the bottoms of your feet. It makes it easier to message.

Re: How to do the foot massage? USE THUMB

Scott R on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012207)

Using your thumb works real well. In addition to up and down the length of the foot, go from side-to-side. Think about the purpose of the massage (to get the blood to moving so that the tissue is more flexible) while doing it. It feels good, too. You can and should do the tender area if it doesn't hurt too much.

Re: How to do the foot massage?

Viola B. on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012243)

I have used both my thumbs and a tennis ball. The only problem with using your thumbs is that your hands/thumbs get tired. However, when using your thumbs, I discovered that is helps if you put lotion (I use regular hand lotion) on the bottoms of your feet. It makes it easier to message.