Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Arch Braces have helped some....

Posted by Nancy T. on 10/31/99 at 00:00 (012217)

Hi everyone: It has been awhile since I posted, but have been checking out the mesages posted periodically to see how my new 'friends' are all doing. I have been wearing elastic arch supports daily now for about a month, and at night being faithful in wearing the arch supports sold on the internet (with velcro straps). I do believe that I have raised the pain-relief another level by doing so, and continue to have support of either the elastic or cotton on 24 hours a day. I have, in the interim, tried both Birks and Danskos, and could wear neither. I then ordered the clog with cork footbed from L.L.Bean, and have also had great success with them. They are much cheaper than either Birks or Danskos, but, as you all know, price is never an object when you hurt all of the time, as we do!(The L.L. Bean clogs are priced at $44.) I have continued to progress slowly, but sure. I did have a set-back a few weeks ago when I had to fly from Providence R.I. to Baltimore for a family funeral. I left in the afternoon and returned in the evening. The whole time I was on my feet, flying from airplane to car rental, to restaurant, etc. I came home with very swollen feet, which I am working on again with icing. Prior to this I had the swelling pretty much under control....which goes to prove that too much time on your feet in nothing but detrimental. Am wondering who amongst us has tried these arch braces, and if they have any success stories to tell.?
Keep the faith, everyone...we SHALL conquor this horrible monster!

Re: Arch Braces have helped some....

DawnA on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012238)

Yes, I wear the arch braces and found them to be the cure that I was looking for. I started wearing them in August '99 along with Dansko clogs and today I no longer have to wear the braces. I can go for a short time without shoes at home but prefer to wear the Dansko shoes even at home. I believe that the arch braces along with a low carb diet has really helped me.

Nancy T. To Dawn on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012253)

Dawn: Am wondering if you wore the arch braces nightly as I do. I have found that they really helped with the classic 'AM Pain'.

DawnA on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012238)

Yes, I wear the arch braces and found them to be the cure that I was looking for. I started wearing them in August '99 along with Dansko clogs and today I no longer have to wear the braces. I can go for a short time without shoes at home but prefer to wear the Dansko shoes even at home. I believe that the arch braces along with a low carb diet has really helped me.

Nancy T. To Dawn on 11/01/99 at 00:00 (012253)

Dawn: Am wondering if you wore the arch braces nightly as I do. I have found that they really helped with the classic 'AM Pain'.