Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

general feeling

Posted by Cameron M on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012280)

I have had PF for 2 years now and have gone through all the rigmorol of injection, inserts, orthototics, strapping, anti inflamm's, steroids, etc. I get a pretty good relief from Birk's now, but can still not return to my duties as a chef. I am sure it was the long hours (16 per day) on concrete floors, sometimes standing in the same spot for ages, and walking for miles and miles per day. however i wonder, should i have the operation to fix those strings in my feet.
my problem also started in one foot and now i have to deal with both.
i now have lost my career as a successful chef and work at a desk each day. has anyone ever returned to there work duties? like even 8 hrs or so?
I really think this site is inspitational, especially to those who haven't any access to any other info. Bravo Heelspurs

Re: general feeling

Renee on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012289)

I can relate to what you are going through. I too have lost my career as a professionel chef due to PF. I don't know if I will ever get to go back to doing what I love. The Birks are the best relief I have had
in 3 years. I am considering surgery at this point but am a little skittish about it. Good luck and never give up hope for a 'cure'. God Bless!!

tarah on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012303)

I too work a job that requires alot of standing 14 hours a day in retail, rarely sitting, there is also alot of lifting which I feel the additional weight I am putting on my feet is also damaging. I am considering changing jobs, but I do make a good living now but I don't think the money is worth it, I am statring to become depressed because within a few hours I am walking around work like a crippled old woman, and I feel I am not performing my best. It has been a year that I have been back to work since my surgery on both feet, and I dread getting out of bed because I know what I am for. I tell my husband if this house ever catches on fire I would probably die there in bed because I am not going to be able to run to save my life.

Becky R. on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012315)

I am a nurse and considering finding another job. I am off for four weeks right now, I have pf in both feet and the pain is unbearable after standing or walking just an hour. So a full shift is just out of the question. I start physical therapy tomorrow. Hopefully I will get some relief. Thanks.

Becky in Ohio

jlcox on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012501)

I developed bilateral foot pain, which is so bad that I have to use a scooter at work. I'm a social worker in a large hospital. My medicla insurance paid for the scooter but only after my orthopod filled out LOTS of paperwork. I'm considering changing professions.

Renee on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012289)

I can relate to what you are going through. I too have lost my career as a professionel chef due to PF. I don't know if I will ever get to go back to doing what I love. The Birks are the best relief I have had
in 3 years. I am considering surgery at this point but am a little skittish about it. Good luck and never give up hope for a 'cure'. God Bless!!

tarah on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012303)

I too work a job that requires alot of standing 14 hours a day in retail, rarely sitting, there is also alot of lifting which I feel the additional weight I am putting on my feet is also damaging. I am considering changing jobs, but I do make a good living now but I don't think the money is worth it, I am statring to become depressed because within a few hours I am walking around work like a crippled old woman, and I feel I am not performing my best. It has been a year that I have been back to work since my surgery on both feet, and I dread getting out of bed because I know what I am for. I tell my husband if this house ever catches on fire I would probably die there in bed because I am not going to be able to run to save my life.

Becky R. on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012315)

I am a nurse and considering finding another job. I am off for four weeks right now, I have pf in both feet and the pain is unbearable after standing or walking just an hour. So a full shift is just out of the question. I start physical therapy tomorrow. Hopefully I will get some relief. Thanks.

Becky in Ohio

jlcox on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012501)

I developed bilateral foot pain, which is so bad that I have to use a scooter at work. I'm a social worker in a large hospital. My medicla insurance paid for the scooter but only after my orthopod filled out LOTS of paperwork. I'm considering changing professions.