Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Andrea, Thank you.

Posted by Yoko S on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012294)

Thank you Andrea. Well, your post makes me feel GOOD, and just wonna say thank you.
I was a casual runner at 15-18miles a week for 4 years, so my experiences cannot be compared w/yours. BUT........ as a slow runner, I still like to renew my PR in every race, and because of that I must be built up my mileage for upcoming races. I drastically (you know my lever)increased mileage and ended up developing PF/heel spur in Jan 99. Exactly same stories as yours, I still run w/limping, icing, taping, ortho, shots, pills and husband's cursings until June 99.
Then HUGE PAIN attached early summer. I could not walk after half marathon race. I even fainted by pain. Since I do not want to go back to Pod, I took 2 weeks off and went back to Japan in order to get acupuncture treatment. (don't work unfortunately) How many advils did I consume June to August??? Make a long story short, one day I realized that walking w/o pain is my first priority not establishing new PR!! As soon as I realize that I canceled '99 marathon entry and good bye to my running mates for a while, then go back to GYM to riding stationary bike and taking stretch class (4-5days a week). After 2 months have passed, I started running again (4 miles once a week) So far so good. I did x2 a week, still good.
Life is long (I hope), I'll be able to catch up someday.

caryne on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012310)

Boy, I just dream about 'walking' again. I used to be an avid walker and haven't exercised since last March. I'm going on my 6th week of a cast and it STILL hurts when I try to put pressure on my heel. Someday I hope to walk again without pain.

caryne on 11/03/99 at 00:00 (012310)

Boy, I just dream about 'walking' again. I used to be an avid walker and haven't exercised since last March. I'm going on my 6th week of a cast and it STILL hurts when I try to put pressure on my heel. Someday I hope to walk again without pain.