Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what's a proper diet for this leaky gut syndrome?

Posted by Charles H. on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012335)

I've seen some stuff on here on leaky gut, and I figure I could try a temporary diet modification and see what happens, but I can find more information on what *not* to eat than on what to actually eat, so perhaps some people who have gone on a diet for this could tell me what they eat. I know there's sweet potatoes & zuchini, but that's about it (the two most comprehensive lists I've seen disagree on some things, like rice and eggs, so I don't know what to make of that).

I think the list of what you *can* eat must be shorter than the ones you can't. Unfortunately I'm a vegetarian so it's gonna be hell getting any protein doing this.

And would anyone care to tell whether and how well their leaky gut experience has worked?

Re: what's a proper diet for this leaky gut syndrome?

Gordon on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012349)

Check out the sites for Candida. They have lots of foods to try.
The main thing is to avoid foods that feed the parasite or yeast. This is generally foods that convert rapidy to sugar. So stay away from refined carbs. I have written lots on this. You can search on my name. You can get tested to find out what or if this even applies to you by getting tested by Great Smokies Lab. Check the internet.
I eat all types of raw nuts and seeds.

Re: what's a proper diet for this leaky gut syndrome?

Gordon on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012349)

Check out the sites for Candida. They have lots of foods to try.
The main thing is to avoid foods that feed the parasite or yeast. This is generally foods that convert rapidy to sugar. So stay away from refined carbs. I have written lots on this. You can search on my name. You can get tested to find out what or if this even applies to you by getting tested by Great Smokies Lab. Check the internet.
I eat all types of raw nuts and seeds.