Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Injections????

Posted by Melody on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012336)

Hello,
I have had PF for nearly 6 months now and am going crazy with pain! I have tried NSAIDs which apart from burning holes in my stomach have done no good at all! My GP is now suggesting a steroid injection. I gather from reading this site that that is not such a hot idea! Can any one plese advise as to when this last resort becomes a good idea? I already have a chronic pain problem and am finding the pain in my foot is pushing me over the limit!! HELP!!!

Thanks in advance

Mel

Re: Injections????

Dan W on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012347)

Dear MEL, Doctors will treat the symptoms not the cause. They dont care about the consequences. I was given two shots six months apart. My foot fractured, and sustained nerve damage. I also believe that I ruptured the plantar fasciia ligament, this was done ten days after the second injection. I have been in incredible pain, all because I was ignorant and went for the quick fix. My advice to you is to quit doing everything that gives you pain. This includes working. Then follow the advice that you find on this website. Do not get the shots they will weaken the bones and ligaments, leaving you suseptable to worse damage. I cant go back. Dan

Beth D. on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012351)

Thanks for reminding me that I should NOT get the shots my podiatrist wants to get me! I am sorry for your pain.

Beth

John h on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012354)

you need to vist someone besides a GP. Either a Foot and Ankle Surgeion or a 'reputable' Poditrist.

Lee M. on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012428)

If you think the pain from the pf is bad wait til you get the injection!!!
I had 3 injections and my advice to you is DO NOT DO IT !
They only mask the pain and you will be exactly where you are now with no cure in sight because the injection fooled you into thinking your foot was better. I had better results with piroxicam cream (RX only) Much better for instant results than the injection. I don't know why docs always want to give the injections first, they are bad for you and do not help HEAL your foot. I have no idea if my cure will heal your feet but read my posts on 11/7 re: massage/ cure
Good luck to you, I've been where your at right now and don't envy you at all. When I had my injections I was almost crawling I was in so much pain from my heel spur. But if I could do it over again I would not have them again. At that point I had not found this mess. board.

Dan W on 11/04/99 at 00:00 (012347)

Dear MEL, Doctors will treat the symptoms not the cause. They dont care about the consequences. I was given two shots six months apart. My foot fractured, and sustained nerve damage. I also believe that I ruptured the plantar fasciia ligament, this was done ten days after the second injection. I have been in incredible pain, all because I was ignorant and went for the quick fix. My advice to you is to quit doing everything that gives you pain. This includes working. Then follow the advice that you find on this website. Do not get the shots they will weaken the bones and ligaments, leaving you suseptable to worse damage. I cant go back. Dan

Beth D. on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012351)

Thanks for reminding me that I should NOT get the shots my podiatrist wants to get me! I am sorry for your pain.

Beth

John h on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012354)

you need to vist someone besides a GP. Either a Foot and Ankle Surgeion or a 'reputable' Poditrist.

Lee M. on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012428)

If you think the pain from the pf is bad wait til you get the injection!!!
I had 3 injections and my advice to you is DO NOT DO IT !
They only mask the pain and you will be exactly where you are now with no cure in sight because the injection fooled you into thinking your foot was better. I had better results with piroxicam cream (RX only) Much better for instant results than the injection. I don't know why docs always want to give the injections first, they are bad for you and do not help HEAL your foot. I have no idea if my cure will heal your feet but read my posts on 11/7 re: massage/ cure
Good luck to you, I've been where your at right now and don't envy you at all. When I had my injections I was almost crawling I was in so much pain from my heel spur. But if I could do it over again I would not have them again. At that point I had not found this mess. board.