Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

success story from plantar F

Posted by venoris on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012361)

Over the last 2 years i suffered enormously with pf pain in my heels. The podiatrist gave me very little relief. I looked for other avenues of healing and had good results with accupunture. I did a lot of research before i selected an accupunturist. I went for about 6 visits which i had to pay out of pocket. The pain was 95% gone. I also bought shoes that were recommended, mesphito and birkenstock, without knowing if they would help or not. It has been 6 months since my last accupunture treatment and my feet are 90% healed. Accupuncture and changing shoes sure made a difference for me and i hope this information will be of help to someone else who is suffering. Before i had to wear my easy spirit tennis shoes, with orthodic inserts, to work everyday to keep my heels reasonbly well. I work in an office setting. Now i hardly wear my tennis shoes at all, even on weekends.

Re: success story from plantar F

Susan L on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012365)

>Venoris, I am so glad you have such success just reading your post really helps me believe I can get better. I have had such a terrible time with my doctors. I won't go there, but all three have been doctors from hell! I am finally after 8 months of pain getting some relief from heat-molded inserts from the chiropractor. I also have had the mayopluse (elect.) massage. I just read the PF site and decided to do this all on my own and try everything I can think of. I'm using my sister's splint a few nights a week and I've ordered the Ibuprofen creme. I've had a 50% decrease in pain in the morning and at least 25% less pain at night..please keep posting the stuff that works or things to try. Thanks! Susan L.

Carol on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012372)

How much does an acupuncture treatment cost?

SAGE S on 11/09/99 at 00:00 (012463)

Where did the needles get placed and for how long? Did your acupuncturist understand what PF was or did you just describe the symptoms? Any other details would be helpful so I can evaluate acupuncturists. thanks

Susan L on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012365)

>Venoris, I am so glad you have such success just reading your post really helps me believe I can get better. I have had such a terrible time with my doctors. I won't go there, but all three have been doctors from hell! I am finally after 8 months of pain getting some relief from heat-molded inserts from the chiropractor. I also have had the mayopluse (elect.) massage. I just read the PF site and decided to do this all on my own and try everything I can think of. I'm using my sister's splint a few nights a week and I've ordered the Ibuprofen creme. I've had a 50% decrease in pain in the morning and at least 25% less pain at night..please keep posting the stuff that works or things to try. Thanks! Susan L.

Carol on 11/05/99 at 00:00 (012372)

How much does an acupuncture treatment cost?

SAGE S on 11/09/99 at 00:00 (012463)

Where did the needles get placed and for how long? Did your acupuncturist understand what PF was or did you just describe the symptoms? Any other details would be helpful so I can evaluate acupuncturists. thanks