Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I had acupuncture treatment today

Posted by rekha s on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012379)

I had my first acupuncture treatment today, and I almost fell off the table when she inserted the needle in the middle of my heel!!! I thought that after all those cortizone shots I would be immune to the pain...but I couldnt take it.

I want to go for other treatments but I'm chicken!!!!! I really want to give acupuncture a try due to the fact of these posts of all these cases getting much better with a few treatments.... I'll see if I'm brave enough...

Re: I had acupuncture treatment today

Kris C on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012381)

I too tried accupuncture and couldnt bear the pain. The 1st treatment he stuck the needles in the backs of my legs near the calves and ankles. The 2nd treatment he stuck them in my heels. I was VERY uncomfortable. he told me if he would have done the heels the 1st visit he knew I wouldn't come back. After the 3rd visit I chickened out and saw no difference at all except I felt some bruising at one of the sites the needles went in...Needless to say I gave that up.

PAH on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012386)

Find someone in your area who can treat you with electro-acupuncture. This method does not use a needle. It's non-invasive and painless. I saw a chiropractor in Nashville 2 years ago for a heel spur on my left foot. The pain left after 7 or 8 treatments. I am now seeing her for a heel spur on my right foot and expect the same results.

Caroline C on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012392)

I had accupuncture for pain relief in my hand and was told that a minimum of 6 treatments was necessary before saying that it didn;t work. Having dais that, I am not sure that I could face having it done to my foot....much too painful!!!!!

JaneK on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012394)

What is accupuncture supposed to do for heel spurs? Get rid of them or just alleviate pain.

Stuart B on 11/09/99 at 00:00 (012457)

I have been have Laser accupuncture! Sounds weird, dosn't hurt and seems to help. The lady started using this laser device to treat horses and dogs as you can't go sticking needles in animals in the UK unless you are a Vet. This I found encourageing as they can't be fooled into a placebo affect. I have had 3 treatments which I have had to pay for which starts to get expensive! Oh well, my feet feel better!

Kris C on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012381)

I too tried accupuncture and couldnt bear the pain. The 1st treatment he stuck the needles in the backs of my legs near the calves and ankles. The 2nd treatment he stuck them in my heels. I was VERY uncomfortable. he told me if he would have done the heels the 1st visit he knew I wouldn't come back. After the 3rd visit I chickened out and saw no difference at all except I felt some bruising at one of the sites the needles went in...Needless to say I gave that up.

PAH on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012386)

Find someone in your area who can treat you with electro-acupuncture. This method does not use a needle. It's non-invasive and painless. I saw a chiropractor in Nashville 2 years ago for a heel spur on my left foot. The pain left after 7 or 8 treatments. I am now seeing her for a heel spur on my right foot and expect the same results.

Caroline C on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012392)

I had accupuncture for pain relief in my hand and was told that a minimum of 6 treatments was necessary before saying that it didn;t work. Having dais that, I am not sure that I could face having it done to my foot....much too painful!!!!!

JaneK on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012394)

What is accupuncture supposed to do for heel spurs? Get rid of them or just alleviate pain.

Stuart B on 11/09/99 at 00:00 (012457)

I have been have Laser accupuncture! Sounds weird, dosn't hurt and seems to help. The lady started using this laser device to treat horses and dogs as you can't go sticking needles in animals in the UK unless you are a Vet. This I found encourageing as they can't be fooled into a placebo affect. I have had 3 treatments which I have had to pay for which starts to get expensive! Oh well, my feet feel better!