Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spurs

Posted by Judy M. on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012382)

I was recently diagnosed with a heel spur on left foot only. I have good days and bad, mostly bad. My podiatrist said it might help if I lost weight(I am about 30 to 40 lbs. overweight for my height). I would like to be able to go walking to help with the weight loss, but walking for any length of time agravates the problem. Any suggestions?

Re: Heel spurs

julie p on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012391)

swimming and bike riding, stationary or ordinary biking, are options that are not supposed to aggrevate PF.

Lee M. on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012425)

Judy,
Read my posts re: Massage/cure & to:Bobette on 11/7.
I did lose 25# and very happy I did. Lost it on low carbs. Can't seem to lose the last 20 # but I have trouble staying on low carbs all the time. I weigh 145 so I'm not huge so it's a little harder to lose.
My foot always felt better when I was on low or zero carb. I have very little sugar, but bread is my weakness. Try the massage thing, I wish I had known about it a year ago, it might have saved me a lot of pain.

julie p on 11/06/99 at 00:00 (012391)

swimming and bike riding, stationary or ordinary biking, are options that are not supposed to aggrevate PF.

Lee M. on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012425)

Judy,
Read my posts re: Massage/cure & to:Bobette on 11/7.
I did lose 25# and very happy I did. Lost it on low carbs. Can't seem to lose the last 20 # but I have trouble staying on low carbs all the time. I weigh 145 so I'm not huge so it's a little harder to lose.
My foot always felt better when I was on low or zero carb. I have very little sugar, but bread is my weakness. Try the massage thing, I wish I had known about it a year ago, it might have saved me a lot of pain.