Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Yes, you can run again!

Posted by John C. on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012436)

Annette,
Reading your story reminds me so much of what happened to me. I was

John C. on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012437)

Annette,
Reading your story reminds me of what happened to me. I was a runner of 25 years and developed a bad case of PF in my left foot. I tried to keep running for about 4 months before I finally realized that things were not getting any better. At that point, I discovered this web site, went to a podiatrist, and got serious about getting better. About that time was the first time in my life that I knew PF existed. I took off from running for about 12 months. After that, I started back real slow just as a beginner runner should. Its been 6 months now and it feels great to be back to normal.

During the time off from running, I still went to the gym and worked out. I did weights, stair master, an eliptical machine, and more. I changed out every pair of shoes I owned, including my running shoes. I tried everything on Scott's list and found out what worked for me. It is a slow process. Success doesn't come quickly and it is very difficult to figure out what is working and what is not. Have patience, you can get back to running.

Good luck.

John

John C. on 11/08/99 at 00:00 (012437)

Annette,
Reading your story reminds me of what happened to me. I was a runner of 25 years and developed a bad case of PF in my left foot. I tried to keep running for about 4 months before I finally realized that things were not getting any better. At that point, I discovered this web site, went to a podiatrist, and got serious about getting better. About that time was the first time in my life that I knew PF existed. I took off from running for about 12 months. After that, I started back real slow just as a beginner runner should. Its been 6 months now and it feels great to be back to normal.

During the time off from running, I still went to the gym and worked out. I did weights, stair master, an eliptical machine, and more. I changed out every pair of shoes I owned, including my running shoes. I tried everything on Scott's list and found out what worked for me. It is a slow process. Success doesn't come quickly and it is very difficult to figure out what is working and what is not. Have patience, you can get back to running.

Good luck.

John