Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good advice here!

Posted by Judy M. on 11/09/99 at 00:00 (012471)

I've been to two doctors about my heel spur, and have learned more HERE than I did from those two 'professionals'. I talked to my daughter who is 33, plays softball, basketball...she had something similar 2 years ago. She repeated what a lot of you are saying: ice, good shoes, stretching...and patience! Thanks to u all!

Re: Good advice here! Judy M

Marti C on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012482)

Im new to the web site also, have been seeing doctors for three years now. Nothing has helped me more than Scott and the web site! Good Luck!

Laurie on 11/11/99 at 00:00 (012543)

In total agreement here. It's been a month for me, I don't think mine's as bad as some of you. I've done taping, shoe inserts, tennis shoes all the time. some days are better than others. My doctor wants to give me a cortisone shot. No one on this site has reported any good results from it, I'm going to decline. The best information is here, just read, read, read. What I want is orthotics and that night device. Good luck everybody.

Norm K on 11/12/99 at 00:00 (012562)

Thanks for the advice. I will try stretching, ice, etc.

Marti C on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012482)

Im new to the web site also, have been seeing doctors for three years now. Nothing has helped me more than Scott and the web site! Good Luck!

Laurie on 11/11/99 at 00:00 (012543)

In total agreement here. It's been a month for me, I don't think mine's as bad as some of you. I've done taping, shoe inserts, tennis shoes all the time. some days are better than others. My doctor wants to give me a cortisone shot. No one on this site has reported any good results from it, I'm going to decline. The best information is here, just read, read, read. What I want is orthotics and that night device. Good luck everybody.

Norm K on 11/12/99 at 00:00 (012562)

Thanks for the advice. I will try stretching, ice, etc.