Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Realize who is in charge of treatment -- you!

Posted by Robin B. on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012495)

I agree with those who said to educate yourself as much as possible, then walk in with a list of questions for the doc. I had gone only to one podiatrist and one orthopedic surgeon; neither one of them was overwhelmingly impressive.

Most doctors of any sort seem to want a quick fix. Very few take the time to learn about your history, observe your walk, etc. My limited experience with doctors about PF yields these recommendations: 1) $400 orthotics; 2) stretch stretch stretch; 3) pills for pain. Even though I didn't follow that path, I would agree with many people who have suggested tests for stress fractures; if I had known back when I was consulting doctors to ask about this, I would have.

Personally, I suggest bromelain if you haven't tried it already. Its anti-inflamation properties helped me a lot, and I saw results within a week of starting it. Right now I take a serious dosage (500 mg, 600 gdus per cap, 3 or 4 caps per day)-- and I will continue as long as it continues to help. It's not real expensive, you can get 2-day delivery through the Vitamin Shoppe (link from Scott's main document)and you should know in a week or two if it helps.

Re: Realize who is in charge of treatment -- you! Robin B

Marti C on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012508)

Have you tried the pancreatin? Ive been taking these for about a week now cant really tell if they are working.Is the Bromelain better in your situation? thanks

Re: Realize who is in charge of treatment -- you! Robin B

Marti C on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012508)

Have you tried the pancreatin? Ive been taking these for about a week now cant really tell if they are working.Is the Bromelain better in your situation? thanks