Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: to Janet J "Will Doctor give a Cortisone Shot?"

Posted by Viola B. on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012504)

Janet, what did you do to overcome the PF that you had in your other foot several years ago?

Janet J on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012511)

<>

Viola,
I had 2 cortisone shots, 3 different pairs of inserts, taping, physical therapy and pills--don't know which finally made the pain go away, just glad it did; but it lasted about a year and I developed a heel spur which is now in 'remission'. Now I've got it on the left foot--isn't life a bi**h!!! Funny thing with the 2nd cortisone shot, the doc in the ER said 'I never gave a cortisone shot in the heel before, but I'm game if you are.' I was in so much pain I said 'go for it!' I told him how the ortho doc felt around the heel until he hit the most painful area,then he marked it with a pen. Then he put the shot where he marked it. The ER doc did the same--it was painful!! The 3-year-old with a broken arm in the bed next to me looked at me like I was nuts when I let out a scream and tears poured out my eyes! I must admit though, the shot did work to take away the pain for a few weeks at least. I was never briefed on the problems associated with cortisone shots--it just felt so good to walk without pain. I guess I was lucky that nothing serious happened.

Janet J on 11/10/99 at 00:00 (012511)

<>

Viola,
I had 2 cortisone shots, 3 different pairs of inserts, taping, physical therapy and pills--don't know which finally made the pain go away, just glad it did; but it lasted about a year and I developed a heel spur which is now in 'remission'. Now I've got it on the left foot--isn't life a bi**h!!! Funny thing with the 2nd cortisone shot, the doc in the ER said 'I never gave a cortisone shot in the heel before, but I'm game if you are.' I was in so much pain I said 'go for it!' I told him how the ortho doc felt around the heel until he hit the most painful area,then he marked it with a pen. Then he put the shot where he marked it. The ER doc did the same--it was painful!! The 3-year-old with a broken arm in the bed next to me looked at me like I was nuts when I let out a scream and tears poured out my eyes! I must admit though, the shot did work to take away the pain for a few weeks at least. I was never briefed on the problems associated with cortisone shots--it just felt so good to walk without pain. I guess I was lucky that nothing serious happened.