Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update

Posted by john h on 11/11/99 at 00:00 (012530)

It has now been about 11 weeks since my surgery for a Tarsal Tunnel release and PF release on my left foot. Surgery was of the open method performed by a foot and ankle surgeon. My foot is better than before surgery but i still do have some mild pain when on my feet for an extended period of time. I walk around at work a lot, mow the lawn, exercise on a stationary bike, do some stretching and weights. I take 25mg of vioxx each day (do not know if this helps or not), ice my foot a couple of times a day and wear various shoes from birks to good street shoes to New Balance 852's. I can live and function with the level of discomfort i have now but hope for further improvement as the healing continues. the PF surgery in my opinion is less severe than the tarsal tunnel release. i would never let a surgeon release more than 20-25% of the fascia as it could lead to foot instability over the long run. I am further convinced that the pain we all call Plantar Fasciaitis is of many origins and the treatment that works for one will not work for the other. It is not as simple as an inflamed fascia. finding the pain generator is the problem for the doctor and patient.