Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to johnh--question about vericose veins

Posted by AndreaB on 11/11/99 at 00:00 (012544)

Where exactly was the vericose vein bulging? In the bottom of your foot or was it the ankle area thereby putting pressure on a nerve that led into the bottom of your foot? Was it in both feet?

I actually felt a THOUSAND times better when I stopped wearing my orthotics (okay a thousand times is exaggerating) but I noticed a significant improvement.

I have not heard this vericose vein theory before??? But it makes sense. can you eloborate at all?

Re: to johnh--question about vericose veins

john h on 11/11/99 at 00:00 (012548)

the doctor who did my surgery told me about the large vericose vein that was touching a nerve in the ankle. the vein was not visable when looking at the leg but was internal (in the ankle). i never have noticed any vericose veins in my leg outwardly but obviously they can develop in veins deep within the tissue. i have noticed at the end of the day that the veins in my feet (top of foot and ankle) become much more prominent as blood pools due to gravity. it only makes sense that the veins inside the ankle would enlarge and could touch a nerve. i also notice that within a few moments after propping my feet up and iceing, the veins almost immediately become smaller and i have no pain what so ever in my feet. i have started wearing a support stocking under my sock to help force the blood thru and reduce any swelling.

Re: to johnh--question about vericose veins

john h on 11/11/99 at 00:00 (012548)

the doctor who did my surgery told me about the large vericose vein that was touching a nerve in the ankle. the vein was not visable when looking at the leg but was internal (in the ankle). i never have noticed any vericose veins in my leg outwardly but obviously they can develop in veins deep within the tissue. i have noticed at the end of the day that the veins in my feet (top of foot and ankle) become much more prominent as blood pools due to gravity. it only makes sense that the veins inside the ankle would enlarge and could touch a nerve. i also notice that within a few moments after propping my feet up and iceing, the veins almost immediately become smaller and i have no pain what so ever in my feet. i have started wearing a support stocking under my sock to help force the blood thru and reduce any swelling.