Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Yes, I'll talk to anyone that will listen!!!!

Posted by Becky R. on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012579)

Hello,
I am very depressed about my situation with PF in both feet. I was diagnosed in August. So far, not much relief. I am a nurse and have been off 2 weeks from work. I really don't think I will be able to go back to work as a staff nurse. I just can't bear the pain that being on my feet 8 - 12 hours brings. The last day I worked, I could hardly walk out of the hospital and was unable to walk for 24 hours afterwards. I know that many of you reading this know what I am talking about. Another frustration is having your family and friends really understand what you are going through. They just can't imagine what the pain is and how it affects everything you do. I am in mess - don't know what I am going to do about work. I am looking for another nursing job, but what is usually available requires long hours being on your feet. I can do computer or secretarial work, but for half the salary. Anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks for listening (or should I say 'reading').
Becky

Re: Yes, I'll talk to anyone that will listen!!!!Re Becky R

Laurie R. on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012629)

Hi Becky, You sound just like me . I am here if you want to talk just write I check this site all the time now that I have found it.I love to hear about other people treatment now I know I am not alone.No one understands unless you have pf.I also have it in both my feet the right is so much more painfull.I have been off work for 7 weeks now and my podiatrist gave me other 3 weeks off.I am in a walking cast for my right foot and I also go to Physical therapy 3 times a week.Nothing seems to help so far.I am a bartender and work 8 to 10 hours a night in a fine dinning rest.they do not care what is wrong with my feet also they won't give me a break.So Becky please feel free to write me any time if you would like my e-mail let me know or anyone else who would like my e-mail to chat just let me know...... I am here...................Laurie R.

Re: Yes, I'll talk to anyone that will listen!!!!Re Becky R

Laurie R. on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012629)

Hi Becky, You sound just like me . I am here if you want to talk just write I check this site all the time now that I have found it.I love to hear about other people treatment now I know I am not alone.No one understands unless you have pf.I also have it in both my feet the right is so much more painfull.I have been off work for 7 weeks now and my podiatrist gave me other 3 weeks off.I am in a walking cast for my right foot and I also go to Physical therapy 3 times a week.Nothing seems to help so far.I am a bartender and work 8 to 10 hours a night in a fine dinning rest.they do not care what is wrong with my feet also they won't give me a break.So Becky please feel free to write me any time if you would like my e-mail let me know or anyone else who would like my e-mail to chat just let me know...... I am here...................Laurie R.