Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need San Francisco to San Jose Dr. Referral

Posted by Mike R on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012601)

I have had heel / foot pain for about 2 months now. I have tried
many of the suggestions here with some success. I have Health insurance and would like to see a podiatrist or Dr. with a good track record treating these problems. I live in the Palo Alto, California area. I think it would be great to have some sort of Dr. referral list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need San Francisco to San Jose Dr. Referral

Frannie R on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012606)

I have seen two podiatrists in Palo Alto area. Dr. Mullens (on Welch Road) was not helpful--did not talk about exercise or anything but prescribe orthotics. I wouldn't recommend him. I got a lot of help from this website and started PT before I went to another podiatrist last week--Jim Ratcliffe at Menlo Medical Group. He's a runner who has had it in the past and seemed very knowledgeable. He gave a list of particular brands of running shoes to counteract your foot anatomy. He didn't tell me anything new, but that may be because I am already in treatment. I'd recommend the PT group at Stanford (on Welch road)--they've been helpful.

Good luck

Steve L. on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012648)

Try Dr. Keith Donatto, Asst. Prof of foot and ankle surgery, UC San Francisco, 415-353-7200

Sue B. on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012736)

If you want to try a chiropractor who does Active Release Therapy I would recommend Dr. Joseph Leahy in Los Gatos. He pretty much cured someone who used to post on the message board and he helped me some. I still have the problem, but it is not as bad as it was.

408-358-7900

Frannie R on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012606)

I have seen two podiatrists in Palo Alto area. Dr. Mullens (on Welch Road) was not helpful--did not talk about exercise or anything but prescribe orthotics. I wouldn't recommend him. I got a lot of help from this website and started PT before I went to another podiatrist last week--Jim Ratcliffe at Menlo Medical Group. He's a runner who has had it in the past and seemed very knowledgeable. He gave a list of particular brands of running shoes to counteract your foot anatomy. He didn't tell me anything new, but that may be because I am already in treatment. I'd recommend the PT group at Stanford (on Welch road)--they've been helpful.

Good luck

Steve L. on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012648)

Try Dr. Keith Donatto, Asst. Prof of foot and ankle surgery, UC San Francisco, 415-353-7200

Sue B. on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012736)

If you want to try a chiropractor who does Active Release Therapy I would recommend Dr. Joseph Leahy in Los Gatos. He pretty much cured someone who used to post on the message board and he helped me some. I still have the problem, but it is not as bad as it was.

408-358-7900