Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

my post-Ossatron recovery

Posted by michael s on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012607)

Hi all. Hope somebody out there is having a good day - I can't say that I am. It's been two weeks since I had the shockwave treatment on my left heel, a week for the right. No improvement to note so far. That's not surprising, but the last couple of days have been painful and tiring. It's a little worse than pre-treatment in fact - certainly when they stiffen up during the day they become tighter than they use to. Like Mohez, much of my discomfort is in sore spots in the heel that are tender and burn a little. It's strangely familiar - I had the same sensation after I had surgery.
When I firmly massage the sore spot on my left heel I continue to get a tearing feeling over on the outer edge the heel. My doctor said that was a sign of the fascia loosening up where it had become too tight. Well, it's not the most pleasant sensation, but I hope it's a sign that SOMETHING good is going on down there.

Re: my post-Ossatron recovery

Karen K on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012614)

Thanks for the update. I appreciate reading all the post-Ossatron updates from all those who have had it done. I'm nervously sending my records up to Toronto. It's great to hear first hand experiences.
Best of luck to all of you!

Jennh on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012625)

I had a miserable recovery from the ossatron. My pain was different from regular PF. There were some days it hurt so bad I cried. I play rugby so you that will tell you how bad the pain was. Around week 10 or 11 my improvment happened almost immediately. Hang in there, it does get better. You just have to wait for it. It has been over 4 months now and I can say that I am 90% better. I am suppose to go for another treatment, but I keep putting it off. I don't want it to be as bad as my first go around.

Martha B. on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012634)

My recovery has been very easy when compared to Jenns.It has been 8 weeks and my improvement has been steadily on an incline.It has been 8 weeks and I am greatly improved.I am doing so many more activities and my attitude is better.2 of the weeks(2thru3 &7thru 8 ) have been the most uncomfortable but nothing compared to pre ossatron.I RARELY even take a tylenol.Dr. Galea said I will continue to improve and after 12 weeks should be on a roll.lolol I still have an assistant at work but probably wont need one after December.I am a dental hygienist 3xweek and thought I was going to have to retire due to PF but due to Ossatron,that isn't going to be necessary.I used to say I was a 51 yr. old grandma who felt 101 but NOT ANYMORE. I know my feet are still there but compared to 2 months ago,I am at least 75% improved.Hang in there guys and try anything you can to combat this nasty condition!!!!

Karen K on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012614)

Thanks for the update. I appreciate reading all the post-Ossatron updates from all those who have had it done. I'm nervously sending my records up to Toronto. It's great to hear first hand experiences.
Best of luck to all of you!

Jennh on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012625)

I had a miserable recovery from the ossatron. My pain was different from regular PF. There were some days it hurt so bad I cried. I play rugby so you that will tell you how bad the pain was. Around week 10 or 11 my improvment happened almost immediately. Hang in there, it does get better. You just have to wait for it. It has been over 4 months now and I can say that I am 90% better. I am suppose to go for another treatment, but I keep putting it off. I don't want it to be as bad as my first go around.

Martha B. on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012634)

My recovery has been very easy when compared to Jenns.It has been 8 weeks and my improvement has been steadily on an incline.It has been 8 weeks and I am greatly improved.I am doing so many more activities and my attitude is better.2 of the weeks(2thru3 &7thru 8 ) have been the most uncomfortable but nothing compared to pre ossatron.I RARELY even take a tylenol.Dr. Galea said I will continue to improve and after 12 weeks should be on a roll.lolol I still have an assistant at work but probably wont need one after December.I am a dental hygienist 3xweek and thought I was going to have to retire due to PF but due to Ossatron,that isn't going to be necessary.I used to say I was a 51 yr. old grandma who felt 101 but NOT ANYMORE. I know my feet are still there but compared to 2 months ago,I am at least 75% improved.Hang in there guys and try anything you can to combat this nasty condition!!!!