Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: bilateral - PF To Linda

Posted by Becky R. on 11/14/99 at 00:00 (012655)

Linda,
Yes, I have bilateral pf. I guess that the factors that produce pf can affect both feet but maybe not at the same time. I was just diagnosed in August, I am trying all the treatments, not much relief so far. My doctor wants to try othotics, but sounds like not many people have had success. Anyway, I am originally from Kentucky. I live in Cincinnati now, but lived in Ky most of my life. Where are you from? Good luck to you.
Becky

lindah on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012704)

thanks, I am from Lexington, where did you live in Kentucky?
I have a suspicion that I may have injured my feet resulting in the PF in both feet. What do you think about this...I have a chair I sit in when I am on the computer...it is an old wooden chair with spokes across the bottom...I sit with my feet 'hooked' on the spokes...that way my feet do not touch the ground. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if my habit of doing this has not caused my PF

Becky R. on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012737)

Linda,
I am originally from Manchester, KY, close to London in the Southeastern part. I went to school at Eastern and UK. I lived most of my adult years in Richmond and Lexington. I taught at UK for awhile. All of my family still live in KY and I visit often. I love KY. As far as your pf, from what I read, pf is caused by being on your feet, the way you walk. I doubt that you could develop pf while sitting, because even if you place your feet on the spokes, your weight is still not bearing down on your feet. Anyway, good luck to you. Write anytime.
Thanks, Becky

lindah on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012704)

thanks, I am from Lexington, where did you live in Kentucky?
I have a suspicion that I may have injured my feet resulting in the PF in both feet. What do you think about this...I have a chair I sit in when I am on the computer...it is an old wooden chair with spokes across the bottom...I sit with my feet 'hooked' on the spokes...that way my feet do not touch the ground. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if my habit of doing this has not caused my PF

Becky R. on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012737)

Linda,
I am originally from Manchester, KY, close to London in the Southeastern part. I went to school at Eastern and UK. I lived most of my adult years in Richmond and Lexington. I taught at UK for awhile. All of my family still live in KY and I visit often. I love KY. As far as your pf, from what I read, pf is caused by being on your feet, the way you walk. I doubt that you could develop pf while sitting, because even if you place your feet on the spokes, your weight is still not bearing down on your feet. Anyway, good luck to you. Write anytime.
Thanks, Becky