Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thermal Surgery

Posted by QuinnG on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012673)

I am new to posting messages, so please bear with me. I have read this very interesting site and think it is a God send.

I live in Canada and noticed the type of surgery called Endoscopic Plantar Fasciotomy (EPF) on this website. I am encouraged that it has been so successful. However, I have been reading about something called thermal surgery and I wonder if it might be a more appropriate surgical technique. Rather than cutting as EPF does, thermal surgery will shrink the connective tissue (collagen). As I understand, plantar fasciitis is caused when the connective tissues stretches out.
This type of surgery has been used for shoulder injuries and is being applied to back problems with favourable results, and very short recovery times. My question is would it be possible to combime EPF techniques with thermal surgery?

I look forward to discussing this further with someone.

thanks

Quinn

Re: Thermal Surgery

Lucy M on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012679)

Where have you found information about thermal surgery? I'm interested in reading about this.

Thanks

Tammy L on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012724)

Please let me know if yopu do the surgery, I am planning the surgery for about nextMay. I cannot do it until then, because I am completing my college diploma, at a job posting. My supervisor just had the cutting surgery. She explained that they go through a little incision on the outside of your foot. They scrape out any excess swollen tissue, and they snip the muscle a small bit on each side. She said it was very painful, but now she is starting to recover, and it looks as if the surgery was worth all the pain. Good luck in whichever procedure you pick.

Lucy M on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012679)

Where have you found information about thermal surgery? I'm interested in reading about this.

Thanks

Tammy L on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012724)

Please let me know if yopu do the surgery, I am planning the surgery for about nextMay. I cannot do it until then, because I am completing my college diploma, at a job posting. My supervisor just had the cutting surgery. She explained that they go through a little incision on the outside of your foot. They scrape out any excess swollen tissue, and they snip the muscle a small bit on each side. She said it was very painful, but now she is starting to recover, and it looks as if the surgery was worth all the pain. Good luck in whichever procedure you pick.