Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

moving pain

Posted by Lee H. on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012705)

I have a question for all of you with PF. Is your pain constant in a single spot or does it move around? This may seem like a stupid question but it is important to me...Thanks

Re: moving pain

Martha B. on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012709)

Never think that any question re PF is stupid!!There is always something to be learned from each others advice.My pain prior to Ossatron moved all over-sometimes from the side to the top of my foot near the toes-sometimes the heel up the side of the ankle.I could hardly even stand to touch the heels on the bed-my feet would throb.I am happy to report that since the ossatron I am no longer having the sharp shooting pains-mainly just have tenderness after alot of activity.I can vigorously rub my feet and even squeeze the heel-WOW is that ever an accomplishment?? It has been 8 weeks and 12 will be the true test of healing.Sorry I have rambled on so.Good Luck!!!

lindah on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012712)

Mine moves depending on what I am doing. While sitting I get it most in the heel, standing causes the whole sole of my foot to ache, when I am sitting or laying down my entire foot throbs.

wendyn on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012714)

I have TTS - the pain moves around a lot. Sometimes worse on inner ankle, sometimes outer ankle, sometimes toes - today it is worse bottom of foot near ball of foot. When it's really bad it can go up the back of my leg in the sciatic nerve. I would imagine from what you've written that it's the leg stiffness and discoloration/temperature changes that have your doctor really concerned. I really hope you don't have RSD - but if you do, far better to get it diagnosed now and get after treatment than continue to to try to treat PF if that isn't the problem. Do lots of reading and try to educate yourself - you may want to check with the Neuropathy Associaton, I seem to recall them having a lot of info on RSD.

troy on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012740)

sounds alot like my pain. mine moves around my heel from the inside too the outside and around the back alot also.

Martha B. on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012709)

Never think that any question re PF is stupid!!There is always something to be learned from each others advice.My pain prior to Ossatron moved all over-sometimes from the side to the top of my foot near the toes-sometimes the heel up the side of the ankle.I could hardly even stand to touch the heels on the bed-my feet would throb.I am happy to report that since the ossatron I am no longer having the sharp shooting pains-mainly just have tenderness after alot of activity.I can vigorously rub my feet and even squeeze the heel-WOW is that ever an accomplishment?? It has been 8 weeks and 12 will be the true test of healing.Sorry I have rambled on so.Good Luck!!!

lindah on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012712)

Mine moves depending on what I am doing. While sitting I get it most in the heel, standing causes the whole sole of my foot to ache, when I am sitting or laying down my entire foot throbs.

wendyn on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012714)

I have TTS - the pain moves around a lot. Sometimes worse on inner ankle, sometimes outer ankle, sometimes toes - today it is worse bottom of foot near ball of foot. When it's really bad it can go up the back of my leg in the sciatic nerve. I would imagine from what you've written that it's the leg stiffness and discoloration/temperature changes that have your doctor really concerned. I really hope you don't have RSD - but if you do, far better to get it diagnosed now and get after treatment than continue to to try to treat PF if that isn't the problem. Do lots of reading and try to educate yourself - you may want to check with the Neuropathy Associaton, I seem to recall them having a lot of info on RSD.

troy on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012740)

sounds alot like my pain. mine moves around my heel from the inside too the outside and around the back alot also.