Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Soooo Much Pain...

Posted by Tammy L on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012722)

I have suffered from PF for just over a year now. I was born with a list of foot and leg problems. I read on this site all about this ibuprofen cream. Is this available in Canada? I have tried everything, you name it. In the morning the pain is so severe that I cannot walk, and been in so much pain I can't get to the bathroom. Right now, I am on anti-inflamatories, to get the swelling down, then its on to cortisone, to control for a few months. The next option and only one at this point is surgery. My supervisor just had it and she said it was the most painful thing she has experienced, but now she is starting to heal and its not so bad. If anyone has suggestions that will help, please forward them on. E-Mail is (email removed). Please help me. I am so desperate for a cure. I presently have orthotics, do physio, stretching, icing.

Sooo much Pain...

Re: Soooo Much Pain...

john h on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012759)

tammy: i had the open surgery for a PF release and it is a long way from the most painful thing i have ever had. i think the pf release performed by a good surgeon is a simple procedure. whether it will solve your problem is another matter. my greatest concern was would the surgery make it worse. my doctor said that out all of his surgeries only one patient became worse and that was a result of her being diabetic. some very real pain i have had was a kidney stone which tops the list followed last summer when a metal storm window fell on my fingers ripping out three finger nails and breaking all three fingers.

quinng on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012771)

I am curious though. Did the surgery cure the PF, mitigate it, or make it worse?

By the way, Tammy, I have had this problem for 6 years. Mine is not as extreme as it used to be. There were days when I thought seriously about getting in a wheel chair forever. Today, the pain is still there. I have soft but strong orthodics (very helpful). I go to physio (I wonder how useful it is?). I have not been stretching or exercising that much, partly because I do not want the pain. However, I am trying to exercise again.

What I am trying to say is that I want this pain to go away as well.
There has to be something that can get rid of this problem.

john h on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012759)

tammy: i had the open surgery for a PF release and it is a long way from the most painful thing i have ever had. i think the pf release performed by a good surgeon is a simple procedure. whether it will solve your problem is another matter. my greatest concern was would the surgery make it worse. my doctor said that out all of his surgeries only one patient became worse and that was a result of her being diabetic. some very real pain i have had was a kidney stone which tops the list followed last summer when a metal storm window fell on my fingers ripping out three finger nails and breaking all three fingers.

quinng on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012771)

I am curious though. Did the surgery cure the PF, mitigate it, or make it worse?

By the way, Tammy, I have had this problem for 6 years. Mine is not as extreme as it used to be. There were days when I thought seriously about getting in a wheel chair forever. Today, the pain is still there. I have soft but strong orthodics (very helpful). I go to physio (I wonder how useful it is?). I have not been stretching or exercising that much, partly because I do not want the pain. However, I am trying to exercise again.

What I am trying to say is that I want this pain to go away as well.
There has to be something that can get rid of this problem.