Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is it like a rain dance - a "pain" dance?

Posted by wendyn on 11/15/99 at 00:00 (012733)

I believe people often think I have to pee, standing in line dancing back and forth. Stood in line too long recently, and in an effort to get the pressure off one foot I guess I was putting to much weight on the other side. Got up the next morning and it felt like I had a major cramp on that side of my butt....lsted for two days. My PT was positive that's what did it. He said it's better to try to distribute the weight evenly...but his feet don't hurt so what does he know? I know for sure that standing still is the worst, last night I was baking and I kept shuffling around the kitchen to keep my feet moving (I call it my 'Tim Conway' shuffle...keeps me smiling :)

Re: Is it like a rain dance - a "pain" dance?

Viola B. on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012791)

So true - So true. When I read your post, I could not help but laugh out loud. I never stopped to think that people might think that I had to go pee, but now I will think about that all the time. :)

Re: Is it like a rain dance - a "pain" dance?

Viola B. on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012791)

So true - So true. When I read your post, I could not help but laugh out loud. I never stopped to think that people might think that I had to go pee, but now I will think about that all the time. :)