Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I would like to know your symptoms too

Posted by alan k on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012750)

I am very interested in this post.
Do you have classic symptoms like more pain in the morning?
Are there certain parts of the heel that hurt, or is it generally all over the bottom?
Does standing still hurt more than walking?
Has anything, honestly speaking, helped just a tiny bit?

thanks, alan k

Re: I would like to know your symptoms too TO ALAN

Becky R. on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012795)

Alan,
My symptoms are the classic - pain upon rising, mostly my pain is in the bottom of the heel, close to where the arch begins. It is always there, worse when standing, or walking for awhile. Nothing so far has helped. I am in physical therapy now, inserts, cortisone injections, taping, etc. So far, nothing. My doctor wants to order the custom orthotics. I haven't heard many people say they help much. I don't want to pay $300 when it may or may not help. I guess that is the next step though, because I don't want the surgery. I work as a nurse, been off for 2 weeks and honestly, I don't think I will be able to return to that job. Just too painful to be up on my feet. Hopefully, we all will find some relief or way to adjust to this condition without going crazy and/or bankrupt! Good luck.
Becky in Cincinnati

Re: I would like to know your symptoms too TO ALAN

Becky R. on 11/16/99 at 00:00 (012795)

Alan,
My symptoms are the classic - pain upon rising, mostly my pain is in the bottom of the heel, close to where the arch begins. It is always there, worse when standing, or walking for awhile. Nothing so far has helped. I am in physical therapy now, inserts, cortisone injections, taping, etc. So far, nothing. My doctor wants to order the custom orthotics. I haven't heard many people say they help much. I don't want to pay $300 when it may or may not help. I guess that is the next step though, because I don't want the surgery. I work as a nurse, been off for 2 weeks and honestly, I don't think I will be able to return to that job. Just too painful to be up on my feet. Hopefully, we all will find some relief or way to adjust to this condition without going crazy and/or bankrupt! Good luck.
Becky in Cincinnati