Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bilateral pf/shin splints/achilles tendonitis

Posted by rekha s on 11/17/99 at 00:00 (012801)

today, I saw my physical therapist and based on the location of my pain, he thinks I have tendonitis/shin splints in addition to pf....the pain in ankle/shin didn't start until recently...seems like things just keep on getting worse instead of better!!!!

Has anyone else had this type of pain? (heel, ankle/shin or achilles tendon?) is it all related? Does one problem contribute to another? Is there any hope for me?

help!!!

Re: bilateral pf/shin splints/achilles tendonitis

john h on 11/17/99 at 00:00 (012810)

these things seem to go together and one can lead the other.

Bea K on 11/18/99 at 00:00 (012830)

I have achilles tendonitis, a torn achilles tendon, bursitis and a heel spur all in same foot. Have about given up the idea of ever being pain free. It has been 18 months and I have tried all suggestions(Not cortisone because I know better) Some things like ibprofen cream soothe and ice helps but it doesn't look like I'm going to be cured. I keep up with the board looking for something new to try and will continue to do so but frankly I'm not too hopeful.

john h on 11/17/99 at 00:00 (012810)

these things seem to go together and one can lead the other.

Bea K on 11/18/99 at 00:00 (012830)

I have achilles tendonitis, a torn achilles tendon, bursitis and a heel spur all in same foot. Have about given up the idea of ever being pain free. It has been 18 months and I have tried all suggestions(Not cortisone because I know better) Some things like ibprofen cream soothe and ice helps but it doesn't look like I'm going to be cured. I keep up with the board looking for something new to try and will continue to do so but frankly I'm not too hopeful.