Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stuart B, re exercise

Posted by Jenny Lewis on 11/19/99 at 00:00 (012889)

Hi again Stuart

I think I wrote in my usual incomprehensible way guaranteed to confuse people... but, I don't cycle. BIG confession - I have never been able to ride a bike. Sad, but true. I never used to admit it to anyone, but a few years ago discovered that two of my friends also can't so we were all happy to know we were not the only ones in the world! Anyway, the wheels I use for shopping are attached to my shopping trolley. It's a 4-wheel push, and I trundle it along, leaning on the handle. It's wonderful, I don't care if I look 99 years old, I refuse to carry heavy shopping ever again.

Anyway, the main exercise I get is swimming. I'm not a very good swimmer, much gasping and choking and impersonating a beached whale, BUT - I enjoy it. I try to go once or twice a week, which doesn't sound a lot but I keep hoping it's better than nothing. It's one thing that does NOT hurt my foot.

Main exercise today consists of trying to keep warm. Brrrr.

jl

Re: Stuart B, re exercise

Stuart B on 11/19/99 at 00:00 (012897)

Hi Jenny,
Good to hear from you again. I love shopping trolleys, they really are way cool! On a recent visit to Barcelona, loads of people had them: young, old, male, female, boys, girls, kids. I was even inspired to design one when we got back. (Still in sketch pad, not made). So don't feel 99, feel chic and sassy.
I swim loads, maybe 4 or 5 times a week if I am lucky. There is a great web site call Total Immersion which will help get you gliding gracefully down the pool, check it out at http://www.totalimmersion.net/

Boy, it is nippy today, bought myself a huge woolen winter coat this week from the Red Cross shop. Lovely and warm and only a tenner!

Are you a potter? I am a graphic designer and do a bit of sculpture too.

Keep warm this weekend, rub your feet and be snug.

Stuart

Re: Stuart B, re exercise

Stuart B on 11/19/99 at 00:00 (012897)

Hi Jenny,
Good to hear from you again. I love shopping trolleys, they really are way cool! On a recent visit to Barcelona, loads of people had them: young, old, male, female, boys, girls, kids. I was even inspired to design one when we got back. (Still in sketch pad, not made). So don't feel 99, feel chic and sassy.
I swim loads, maybe 4 or 5 times a week if I am lucky. There is a great web site call Total Immersion which will help get you gliding gracefully down the pool, check it out at http://www.totalimmersion.net/

Boy, it is nippy today, bought myself a huge woolen winter coat this week from the Red Cross shop. Lovely and warm and only a tenner!

Are you a potter? I am a graphic designer and do a bit of sculpture too.

Keep warm this weekend, rub your feet and be snug.

Stuart