Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

If Healthronics "Cares" so much...

Posted by Vicki J on 11/19/99 at 00:00 (012910)

John, when a company here in the NYC area wants/needs patients to use their treatments/medications to test efficacy, etc they give those treatments free to sufferers...so why, if Healthtronics cares so much about those of us who suffer and have been disabled and lost jobs because of PF and therefore no longer have health insurance, etc., etc., etc., why does your company charge $1500 to experiment on desperate suffers...I get really tired of hearing how 'caring and concerned' corporations are when they stand to make millions from insurance companies and desperate individuals such as myself. If you guys weren't sure that you and your stock holders were going to make good profits off this treatment, you wouldn't bother going through the FDA approval process. Offering a free treatment to Scott in the face of all the other suffers that read and respond on this board is pretty tacky....set up a 'lottery' and chose a thousand legitimate cases to treat...or 500 men, 500 women, etc...in addition to Scott who does a tremendous service to us all and has given you free access to a bunch of people who will pay anything (if they've got it) to try everything.

Re: If Healthronics "Cares" so much...

Rosalind on 11/19/99 at 00:00 (012921)

I don't understand why Ossatron should provide free treatments to 1000 people. I agree the treaments are expensive and I hope they come down. Right now, though doing FDA testing is the right route for Ossatron to go as far as I am concerned. That should tell us a lot.

jennh on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012933)

Everyone that I know that shelled out that kind of cash for the ossatron did it at the 'Institute of Sports Medicine' I don't believe Healthtronics actually performs the treatments at all.

PHIL L on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012941)

They care about one thing..

.........................MONEY....................

Rosalind on 11/19/99 at 00:00 (012921)

I don't understand why Ossatron should provide free treatments to 1000 people. I agree the treaments are expensive and I hope they come down. Right now, though doing FDA testing is the right route for Ossatron to go as far as I am concerned. That should tell us a lot.

jennh on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012933)

Everyone that I know that shelled out that kind of cash for the ossatron did it at the 'Institute of Sports Medicine' I don't believe Healthtronics actually performs the treatments at all.

PHIL L on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012941)

They care about one thing..

.........................MONEY....................