Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ouch!

Posted by JohnW on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012934)

A few facts- first, Healthtronics does not actually own any Ossatrons. Our customers who paid The manufacturing cost of the machines, approx. $400,000 own the machines and offer the service. To date Healthtronics has spent in excess of $2,000,000 funding the fda studies with no revenue receivesd from treating any of the patients. Each patient treated in the fda study costs us thousands of dollars due to the vast amount of followup and testing. There are over 100 pages of forms for each patient in the study.

When I offered to treat Scott free of charge, I actually meant that we would pay our Canadian customer $1500 to treat Scott. Frankly, I can think of no one who deserves to be treated at no charge more than Scott.

As per your comment regarding 'if Healthtronics really cares...' - well a company can not care, but the individuals who make up the company can. I started this company about 5 years ago by writing a check for about 50% of my net worth at the time. I also worked the first three years for no salary and had dozens of folks laugh at the idea. My favorite saying is - thank god for idiots because half a dozen times i offered to give half the company away. Finally after years of good luck and hard work we/I am positioned to either make alot of money or lose alot of money if the fda approves our device. I think that is called capitalism.

I care for dozens of reasons, some selfish and some not. I find great satisfaction in every positive post to this web site and worry about every negative post. After all if the ossatron does not prove itself beyond a shadow of a doubt, it will not be approved.

Finally, if we paid $1500 for everybody who comes to this site to be treated, we may jeapordize our primary corporate goal - fda approval. It requires a ton of money. We have over 20 additional studies we want fund, from avascular necrosis to partially torn rotator cuffs. I have been told that 40 million americans have heel pain some with some without insurance. I can assure you that when and if we get fda approval, many of our customers will not turn away sufferers who can not afford to pay. They may have to wait a little but they will be treated. When we get approval, contact me and I will assure you will get treated aand billed only what you can afford, nothing if required. Sorry for your frustration.

Re: Ouch!

Vicki J on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012943)

Good. But until the treatment is available to everyone, could you please stop soliciting here...as soft as it is? How about creating your own message board at a seperate Ossatron site where those interested could leave/read the testimonials?

Scott R on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012945)

He only 'advertised' once. The rest appear to be answering Q's and comments. Anytime someone says something negative about OssaTron, I am legally required to allow them to post rebuttals in order to prevent libel charges from being made against heelspurs.com.

I am very interested in Ossatron and the others because they could be used in place of a lot of surgeries. If we only had doctors posting about surgery as much as JohnW posts info about OssaTron we'd have a lot of useful information. I'm sure we'll back off on OssaTron posts for awhile now, so it won't consume the message board. I had made an OssaTron board, but there weren't enough posts to justify it being seperate. There are important advantages to having all the comments centrally located.

Vicki J on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012948)

Fine. But when/if you become a stockholder or this site becomes a promoter of the Ossatron treatment I hope there will be a promonent disclosure.

john h on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012970)

good post john w. i must agree with your entire assessment. frustration is what is driving negative post. i personally tried to buy some of your stock at $7.50 share but was just below market price. i am anxiously awaiting the fda final analysis. when is that expected?

Lee H on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012972)

I agree with John H.'s post. Ossatron has seemed to help quite a few people. I don't really understand what is behind the negative posts. They should be happy that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us chronic PF sufferers. Good luck to you John W. with your approval. All of us in the states are waiting.

JohnW on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012974)

The study is complete and the pma should be submitted no later than December 15. The fda has 6 months from that date to approve or deny or ask for additional data.

Bea K on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012983)

It is really interesting that on a web full of the most outlandish obviously fradulent claims we have someone on this site who offers some hope for a very frustrating condition gets so much grief. I appreciate all your posts John and sincerely hope the fda comes accross and gives ussome type of treatment that will work.

Rosalind on 11/22/99 at 00:00 (012989)

Is the complete study available for our review?

VickiJ on 11/22/99 at 00:00 (012997)

That's the problem Bea...we don't know that this treatment is a cure yet...and we won't know until the people who have been treated have gone for a year or more without a reoccurance of the PF. Offering hope is one thing, but when John wants us all to run to Ossatron on the basis of a few results that have not been monitored OVER TIME I get very suspicious and annoyed. After all, they are getting desperate people to shell out big bucks to be their test cases.

Vicki J on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012943)

Good. But until the treatment is available to everyone, could you please stop soliciting here...as soft as it is? How about creating your own message board at a seperate Ossatron site where those interested could leave/read the testimonials?

Scott R on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012945)

He only 'advertised' once. The rest appear to be answering Q's and comments. Anytime someone says something negative about OssaTron, I am legally required to allow them to post rebuttals in order to prevent libel charges from being made against heelspurs.com.

I am very interested in Ossatron and the others because they could be used in place of a lot of surgeries. If we only had doctors posting about surgery as much as JohnW posts info about OssaTron we'd have a lot of useful information. I'm sure we'll back off on OssaTron posts for awhile now, so it won't consume the message board. I had made an OssaTron board, but there weren't enough posts to justify it being seperate. There are important advantages to having all the comments centrally located.

Vicki J on 11/20/99 at 00:00 (012948)

Fine. But when/if you become a stockholder or this site becomes a promoter of the Ossatron treatment I hope there will be a promonent disclosure.

john h on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012970)

good post john w. i must agree with your entire assessment. frustration is what is driving negative post. i personally tried to buy some of your stock at $7.50 share but was just below market price. i am anxiously awaiting the fda final analysis. when is that expected?

Lee H on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012972)

I agree with John H.'s post. Ossatron has seemed to help quite a few people. I don't really understand what is behind the negative posts. They should be happy that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us chronic PF sufferers. Good luck to you John W. with your approval. All of us in the states are waiting.

JohnW on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012974)

The study is complete and the pma should be submitted no later than December 15. The fda has 6 months from that date to approve or deny or ask for additional data.

Bea K on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012983)

It is really interesting that on a web full of the most outlandish obviously fradulent claims we have someone on this site who offers some hope for a very frustrating condition gets so much grief. I appreciate all your posts John and sincerely hope the fda comes accross and gives ussome type of treatment that will work.

Rosalind on 11/22/99 at 00:00 (012989)

Is the complete study available for our review?

VickiJ on 11/22/99 at 00:00 (012997)

That's the problem Bea...we don't know that this treatment is a cure yet...and we won't know until the people who have been treated have gone for a year or more without a reoccurance of the PF. Offering hope is one thing, but when John wants us all to run to Ossatron on the basis of a few results that have not been monitored OVER TIME I get very suspicious and annoyed. After all, they are getting desperate people to shell out big bucks to be their test cases.