Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Message for John W.

Posted by John V on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012956)

Perhaps the Ossatron will be the savior for at least some of us. Can you give us a run down on the approval process, timing etc. Do you have a lot of interest from orthopaedic and podiatric clinics? i guess the real question is, assuming FDA approval, when might we expect to see this device relatively commonly available, with trained operators etc.?

Re: Message for John W.

JohnW on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012975)

The study is complete and the data will be submitted by December 15. The only people who have seen the results are our statistical consultants. The fda has 6 months from the submittal date to approve, deny, or request additional data. There is an incredible amount of interest from both orthopods and podiatrist. Frankly, there interst will be in proportion to our clinical results.

We are commiting a substantial amount of the money raised in the ipo to build up our inventory and infrastructure so that we can move quickly upon fda approval. In the early days we shall install one site per week spread geographically. As a user of this website you should know the schedule and be able to book early if you so choose. Keep an eye on the healthtronics web site, we hope to post summary data by year end.

Karen K on 11/22/99 at 00:00 (013028)

I would like to know if your statistical consultants are taking into consideration subgroups into their analysis. I have done much reading of medical journals on PF. I've found that there are basically two types of PF subgroups. 1.)Runners type where the pain is caused by microtears of the fascia (a type of trauma) and 2.)Middle-aged and/or overweight type which may be degenerative in nature. In either case the treatment options listed are the same. (Why not aside from surgery treatments are all very conservative.) I read so many posts where people state,'What works for some people dosn't always work for others.' I wonder if your statistical consultants could tally success rates between those two subgroups and see if they come up with any significant findings. I DO HOPE you come up with 100% success rate for the sake of all of us!

Every day as I log on and read the 'posts since your last visit', I wonder. How many of those who colaborately report relief from doing a specific thing, be it wearing Birks, or whatever, I wonder if most of those people getting relief from that in their 50's. It's hard to tell from just a first name and a last initial.

Just my little theory.

JohnW on 11/21/99 at 00:00 (012975)

The study is complete and the data will be submitted by December 15. The only people who have seen the results are our statistical consultants. The fda has 6 months from the submittal date to approve, deny, or request additional data. There is an incredible amount of interest from both orthopods and podiatrist. Frankly, there interst will be in proportion to our clinical results.

We are commiting a substantial amount of the money raised in the ipo to build up our inventory and infrastructure so that we can move quickly upon fda approval. In the early days we shall install one site per week spread geographically. As a user of this website you should know the schedule and be able to book early if you so choose. Keep an eye on the healthtronics web site, we hope to post summary data by year end.

Karen K on 11/22/99 at 00:00 (013028)

I would like to know if your statistical consultants are taking into consideration subgroups into their analysis. I have done much reading of medical journals on PF. I've found that there are basically two types of PF subgroups. 1.)Runners type where the pain is caused by microtears of the fascia (a type of trauma) and 2.)Middle-aged and/or overweight type which may be degenerative in nature. In either case the treatment options listed are the same. (Why not aside from surgery treatments are all very conservative.) I read so many posts where people state,'What works for some people dosn't always work for others.' I wonder if your statistical consultants could tally success rates between those two subgroups and see if they come up with any significant findings. I DO HOPE you come up with 100% success rate for the sake of all of us!

Every day as I log on and read the 'posts since your last visit', I wonder. How many of those who colaborately report relief from doing a specific thing, be it wearing Birks, or whatever, I wonder if most of those people getting relief from that in their 50's. It's hard to tell from just a first name and a last initial.

Just my little theory.