Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Getting around

Posted by wendyn on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013052)

As for getting around...if you're in really bad shape - don't rule out using a cane or a wheelchair. Okay, I can hear the groans now - but I'm only 31 (as of today!yeah - happy birthday I'm home with an ear infection like a little kid....) and if I can get over my ego enough to do it - so can you!!!Went shopping with my husband on Sunday, brought my cane. He finally got tired of my pace and picked up a store rental wheel chair. I have to tell you, was the most emjoyable shopping experience in a year (and I hate shopping at the best of times). I was able to go faster and stay twice as long as I could have otherwise. By the end, I was still smiling, and was able to go home and make dinner.

I am tired of letting this problem dictate my life, if the only way I can take my kids to the zoo next year is in a chair - then so be it. I'm not going to let it restrict me anymore.

Re: Getting around

Karen K on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013053)

Happy Birthday Wendyn!
You go girl!

wendy W. on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013054)

I sincerely hope by your next birthday, that you will not need a cane or wheel chair, but will be able to go dancing. However, there is sure no harm in asking for help when you need it, whether it is a chair or an arm of some thoughtful person. May you always find both, readily available. Happy Birthday.

Stuart B on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013056)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDYN!!!

Like your spirit!

Phil L on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013072)

I am truely sorry you are in that bad of shape at 31,I just cry at times when i get home from work because standing will kill them,
But as far as walking it is o/k,no doctor out there can figure this out,i know i don't have it as bad as others but i just don't want
people to throw away more money on treatments that are just
corporate America,i hope eveyone understands the negative post.
Some people are positive and some negative,the world is a giant battery when you break it down,i happen to be the negative part of this world and look out for everyone,i am not in it for the big win.
just to see if everyone can get a piece of pie.

Happy Thanksgiving...as bad as it seems it could be worse,one day we will look back and this will be the past

Karen K on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013053)

Happy Birthday Wendyn!
You go girl!

wendy W. on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013054)

I sincerely hope by your next birthday, that you will not need a cane or wheel chair, but will be able to go dancing. However, there is sure no harm in asking for help when you need it, whether it is a chair or an arm of some thoughtful person. May you always find both, readily available. Happy Birthday.

Stuart B on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013056)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDYN!!!

Like your spirit!

Phil L on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013072)

I am truely sorry you are in that bad of shape at 31,I just cry at times when i get home from work because standing will kill them,
But as far as walking it is o/k,no doctor out there can figure this out,i know i don't have it as bad as others but i just don't want
people to throw away more money on treatments that are just
corporate America,i hope eveyone understands the negative post.
Some people are positive and some negative,the world is a giant battery when you break it down,i happen to be the negative part of this world and look out for everyone,i am not in it for the big win.
just to see if everyone can get a piece of pie.

Happy Thanksgiving...as bad as it seems it could be worse,one day we will look back and this will be the past