Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new study

Posted by johnW on 11/23/99 at 00:00 (013083)

I bet your mri will show avascular or necrotic bone. See my post above (subgroups). One of the physicians in our study hypothesizes that non traditional pf cases like yours would benefit from higher energy treatments usually reserved for bones. The problem is this would typically require more anesthesia. Your case is symptomatic of some of our customers failures. Discuss with galea after the mri. good luck

Re: new study

jlcox on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013101)

Thanks for your reply, John. Avascular/necrotic bone sounds VERY scary! Does it show up on conventional x-rays? Over the course of my foot pain I have had three sets of xrays taken, all of which have been negative. I have always thought that my diagnosis was really bad tendinitis or old ruptures. However, I was never able to confirm this with an MRI because no doc, before Galea, would order one.

Re: new study

jlcox on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013101)

Thanks for your reply, John. Avascular/necrotic bone sounds VERY scary! Does it show up on conventional x-rays? Over the course of my foot pain I have had three sets of xrays taken, all of which have been negative. I have always thought that my diagnosis was really bad tendinitis or old ruptures. However, I was never able to confirm this with an MRI because no doc, before Galea, would order one.