Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NSAIDs and Yeast

Posted by alan k on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013094)

One more note:

Part of the gastrointestinal wreckage of NSAIDs are their propensity to support the overgrowth of candida albicans in the intestines and stomach.

It is believed by some board members that such yeast overgrowth may cause 'leaky gut' syndrome and the release of toxins to one's extremities, excacerbating or, some believe, causing PF in chronic sufferers. These are the people on low-carb yeast killing diets, who all seem to report improvement after anti-yeast measures are taken.

Just another reason to avoid this gunk if possible.

Note that some acute sufferers have had some success with short-term NSAID use.

alan k

Re: NSAIDs and Yeast

Stuart B on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013125)

This starts to make sense to me. I did suffer from candida and did the no yeast diet, it cured my hay fever. I will try it again for my feet.
Where can I get more info on this. A friend of mine is a stomach surgeon and is interested to know more on the hypothosis.

Re: NSAIDs and Yeast-- search this site

alan k on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013128)

Do a word search on 'Gordon' (the theorist and practicioner), low-carb, yeast, etc.

There is a long chain of info, mostly in conversation with gordon, that explains the rationale. Anti-yeast diet books you might look to amazon for. I have one that I loaned away and don't know the title. Another, I have heard, is called 'the yeast connection.'

These don't, I think, say anything about the PF connection.

alan k

Re: NSAIDs and Yeast

Stuart B on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013125)

This starts to make sense to me. I did suffer from candida and did the no yeast diet, it cured my hay fever. I will try it again for my feet.
Where can I get more info on this. A friend of mine is a stomach surgeon and is interested to know more on the hypothosis.

Re: NSAIDs and Yeast-- search this site

alan k on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013128)

Do a word search on 'Gordon' (the theorist and practicioner), low-carb, yeast, etc.

There is a long chain of info, mostly in conversation with gordon, that explains the rationale. Anti-yeast diet books you might look to amazon for. I have one that I loaned away and don't know the title. Another, I have heard, is called 'the yeast connection.'

These don't, I think, say anything about the PF connection.

alan k