Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MRI-- tts advice anyone?

Posted by alan k on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013095)

My podiatrists next step is giving me an MRI.
I don't know if this will detect TTS. I don't know if he is barking up that tree or what he is thinking.
I haven't seen him since I developed distinct pain up the inside of my ankle (not extending up the leg). I suppose that report will make him interested in TTS.
I am negative on tinnel's test, for the most part.

I worry about TTS because I would likely have gotten it from my favorite exersize, which I hope one year to return to.

Right now I am on prednisone, with three days left, and sleeping with dual booties on. No improvement.

I still have acupuncture left to try.

alan k

Re: MRI-- tts advice anyone?re alan

Laurie R on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013103)

Hi Alan , I have a pain on the inside of my ankel also and my foot goes num then it is ok.I told my podiatrist and my physical therapist and they say it is a entraped nerve as well as pf.write me back and let me know if this is what you have Alan.happy thanksgiving to all Laurie

Re: MRI-- tts advice anyone?

john h on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013114)

i do not think an mri is the gold standard test for TTS. i think the best test that is offered is the electrical studies and even that can leave a lot to be desired. i had the tts surgery on august 23 and i think it is more drastic surgery than a simple fascia release (less than 20% release).

alan k on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013120)

I have the same pain, but my foot doesn't go numb. I'll see what the podiatrist advises later on.

Laurie R on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013103)

Hi Alan , I have a pain on the inside of my ankel also and my foot goes num then it is ok.I told my podiatrist and my physical therapist and they say it is a entraped nerve as well as pf.write me back and let me know if this is what you have Alan.happy thanksgiving to all Laurie

Re: MRI-- tts advice anyone?

john h on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013114)

i do not think an mri is the gold standard test for TTS. i think the best test that is offered is the electrical studies and even that can leave a lot to be desired. i had the tts surgery on august 23 and i think it is more drastic surgery than a simple fascia release (less than 20% release).

alan k on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013120)

I have the same pain, but my foot doesn't go numb. I'll see what the podiatrist advises later on.